ePMP 3000 to Legacy Force 200

I have a couple of ePMP 3000 servicing about 150 force 200.  Some clients are getting about ~65-75 SNR ~30-38

and the trhoughput. The wireless link test from AP - Client 10 seconds large is giving me about D 45 - 65 Mbps U 2 - 5 Mbps, but actuall data throughput is no more than 5 - 10 Mbps.

Hello Edgar. What Firmware version are you running on AP/SM?
Are you NATing or BRIDGEing on the SMs?

We are running 4.3.2.1 on both the AP And Clients. And clients are bridged. The tcp throughput speed is difference is considerable less than the wireless link sugggests.

@edgarbarrios1 wrote:
We are running 4.3.2.1 on both the AP And Clients. And clients are bridged.
The tcp throughput speed is difference is considerable less than the wireless link sugggests.

OK, I'd suggest trying 4.4-RC23 and seeing what the differences are.  There is also a 4.4-RC29 coming out... maybe in the next couple days even.  For us, we're running the 4.4 RC and find it better than any 4.3 on pretty much everything... so I'm expecting RC29 should be even better. :)

After Setting up 4.4-RC23 on the AP and about 15 of my clients. The TCP Trhoughput is extremly fast. i gained mora than 10 times the speed. Clients that were getting 6-8 Mbps are now getting 60 - 80. needless to say clients are happy now. Now we just need to wait for the official release, and update 150+ clients. 

3 Likes

Very good news! Thanks for posting the update. There have been some growing pains, but Cambium’s commitment to forward and backward compatibility is to be commended.

There is a 4.4-RC30 out as well today, so give that a try and report back! :slight_smile:

1 Like