Epmp 3000

Has any tested Epmp 3000 yet? I've been looking for results, but haven't been able to find any yet.

I'm thinging about hooking a 3000 up to Mimosa's 4×4 omni for a micro pop setup, for some urban deployments.

@zackxoxo wrote:

Has any tested Epmp 3000 yet?

HI. There are LOTS of people using the 3000L and the 3000MU-MIMO AP's on here, many with fantastic results.  For example, recently there was a post in these forums of a WISP with 72 clients connected to a 3000MU-MIMO and performing really well.

As far as you suggestion of using the Mimosa Omni - - that antenna is not really well suited for AC WAVE2 MU-MIMO.  However, KP Performance has a 4x4 OMNI which is specifically built for the 3000 4x4 and should perform awesomely. 

https://www.kpperformance.com/5150-5950-mhz-4-port-omni-antenna-13dbi-kp-5omni-epmp3k-kit

2 Likes

@ninedd wrote:

@zackxoxo wrote:

Has any tested Epmp 3000 yet?

HI. There are LOTS of people using the 3000L and the 3000MU-MIMO AP's on here, many with fantastic results.  For example, recently there was a post in these forums of a WISP with 72 clients connected to a 3000MU-MIMO and performing really well.

As far as you suggestion of using the Mimosa Omni - - that antenna is not really well suited for AC WAVE2 MU-MIMO.  However, KP Performance has a 4x4 OMNI which is specifically built for the 3000 4x4 and should perform awesomely. 

https://www.kpperformance.com/5150-5950-mhz-4-port-omni-antenna-13dbi-kp-5omni-epmp3k-kit

Hey ninedd,

Im having trouble finding an omni for the epmp 3000L, does KP have something?  Also, wondering if anyone has had any real world results with the epmp 3000 dual horn and would a epmp 3000L work with it?

If i recall correctly, the 3000L only has 2 antenna connectors vs the 4 on the full 3000. Also the 3000L only supports SU-MIMO due to lack of antennas, so in that case, a standard 5g omni should work fine with that. Unsure on your dual horn question

1 Like

@Skullzaflare wrote:

If i recall correctly, the 3000L only has 2 antenna connectors vs the 4 on the full 3000. Also the 3000L only supports SU-MIMO due to lack of antennas, so in that case, a standard 5g omni should work fine with that. Unsure on your dual horn question

Thanks for your response!   I cant seem to find anything for a 2x2 omni on rf elements but see cambium has one in the epmp line up... wondering what its range is...rf elements 4x4 omni says 2-5 miles.  Id like to us the epmp 3000L for this deployment so need something with 2x2...

Dual horns do work, there is a post about that on here somewhere.

I have a few 3000L's on omni's, KP does make two different omni's now. One is a dual pattern for the 3000-Full and the other is a overlay pattern (original) for the 3000L. I have both the KP original on my 3000L and I have a few Altelix omni's (no longer available, but I keep harrassing them about it). My opinion is the Altelix omni is better but the KP doesnt give much difference for performance. 

for the 3000-Full: KP-5OMNI-EPMP3K-KIT

for the 3000L: KPPA-5GHZ-DPOMA-WC-2

The radio box is nice but since Cambium radios are well sheilded its not a requirement, but does protect the radio from direct lightning strikes.

1 Like