ePMP 3Ghz CBRS ?

Any plans for ePMP 3Ghz CBRS gear ?   Cambium's 3Ghz 450 gear would be pretty underwhelm even if it was priced like ePMP and at it's current price point it seems the only places it (and Medusa especially) would be used would be the same areas Verizon and the other cell carriers are likely to buy every PAL they can .

Cambium has covered CBRS plans extensively in the webinars.  They are very much on top of and day one will support CBRS. 

as far as underwhelming?  how so? 

there are very few 3.65 products that can outperform the 450i in 3.65, and as far as I know, none that outperform 450m.  

the cell guys only run 2x2, 4x4 and very few 8x8 in production now, none of them can do qam 256.  multiband 2x2 and 4x4 mimo are the most commonly deployed, at an order magnitude greater price than 450m at that. 

1 Like

@Chris_Bay wrote:

the cell guys only run 2x2, 4x4 and very few 8x8 in production now, none of them can do qam 256.  multiband 2x2 and 4x4 mimo are the most commonly deployed, at an order magnitude greater price than 450m at that. 

You may want to read this  and this. Verizon is already running 256 qam LTE, and running it in the CBRS band as well. 

@CWB wrote:

@Chris_Bay wrote:

You may want to read this  and this. Verizon is already running 256 qam LTE, and running it in the CBRS band as well. 

they just demo'd it.    its not in production networks anywhere else. 

its also CA 2x20 mhz channels. the Enodes are still only running 2x2 for now.    that WILL change. but for now, Cambium has the only 8x8 solution in 3.65 you can buy right now.    

If you've ever priced Erricson, you'll think the 450m is cheap. :)  looking forward to seeing some LTE developement on cambiums end of the house though!  

10-4. I took your first post as the big guys were not developing anything for 3ghz using 256 qam. All the big players are and the entire reason they went after changes to the CBRS. 

Unfortunately.

I wish we could get a little sliver to do what we do best. Without having to fight the spectrum hogs for it.