ePMP Applications Ask the Experts

@ninedd wrote:

Ok, thank you.  So this is just straight/simple Maximum Rate then...  no quota, no fall back, no temporary bursts, or anything like that?

That's correct. 

@Cambium_RayS wrote:

The ePMP developers will join us in a few minutes. You can post your questions here now.

Holy smokes, long day for the dev team!

Oh, I've got a question.  Is there a direct link/url that will show the ealign screen (which is awesome by the way) without authentication? Something like http://[ip_address_of_radio]/ealign

Thanks,

Dan

@dkeltgen wrote:

Sriram,

The camera in this siuation (from a TCP standpoint) is the server.  The data is being pulled from it.  If the TCP session is closed (for any number of reasons) and the situation which I presented expresses itself (bridge table entry is cleared or expired), the camera will be inaccessible until the ARP entry on the router is expired.

Thanks,

Dan

I see. As Dan Sullivan said earlier, the ePMP link performs as a simple bridge and there is no way to alter this. Your suggestion of having a short Aging time out the L3 router or cron job may be the way to go. 

@dkeltgen wrote:

@Cambium_RayS wrote:

The ePMP developers will join us in a few minutes. You can post your questions here now.

Holy smokes, long day for the dev team!

Oh, I've got a question.  Is there a direct link/url that will show the ealign screen (which is awesome by the way) without authentication? Something like http://[ip_address_of_radio]/ealign

Thanks,

Dan

Not at this time. 

When will ePTP be supported in unii-2/dfs bands? :p

@dkeltgen wrote:

When will ePTP be supported in unii-2/dfs bands? :p

This is something we're actively working on. The hope is to have it ready in Release 2.4.3. 

Do you have a projected firmware build that will allow access to the SM when managment VLAN is enabled?

1 Like

@dkeltgen wrote:

Do you have a projected firmware build that will allow access to the SM when managment VLAN is enabled?

Not yet. However, access is blocked only from the Ethernet (LAN) side which is accessible through 169.254.1.1 regardless of the VLAN configuration. I realize this does not solve the limitation but we don't have this functionality scheduled for an immediate release. 

@Cambium_Sri wrote:

@dkeltgen wrote:

Not yet. However, access is blocked only from the Ethernet (LAN) side which is accessible through 169.254.1.1 regardless of the VLAN configuration. I realize this does not solve the limitation but we don't have this functionality scheduled for an immediate release. 

That makes me sad.  How about you just remove that "feature" until you can implement it as an option and not make it obigitory?  Don't make me have to go mucking around with iptables again :)

Thank you everyone for your questions, and a special thanks to the ePMP development team. 

We will be announcing the next Ask the Experts session soon.

@dkeltgen wrote:

@Cambium_Sri wrote:

@dkeltgen wrote:

That makes me sad.  How about you just remove that "feature" until you can implement it as an option and not make it obigitory?  Don't make me have to go mucking around with iptables again :)

Right. Then we'll have other customers who asked for this feature in first place furious at us. To be honest, we have many customers now asking for this option to be implemented so we are going to do our best to get it in. Its just that there are so many higher priority features pending ex: ePTP mode in unii-2 bands ;)