ePMP F300 suggestions.

Hi there,

Would it be possible when selecting Main in the Installation Menu it also shows the contents of the current Wireless Tab as seen in for Force 200 series.

This makes for easier AP selection instead of the installer having to know all the SSID's or going to that TAB.

It would also be great to have a field where you can enter a "global" security key and it will always enter that key if you select Add as Prefered unless this field is not enetered, this is just to make it more time efficient when selecting AP's if you have many in 1 direction etc.

PLEASE ADD A TEST FUNCTION !!!!!  I don't know how much I can stress this feature. If you make a typo and miss it this can cause a tech visit costing companies money, a simple test feature would erraticate this need.

PLEASE ADD A TEST FUNCTION !!!!!  I don't know how much I can stress this feature. If you make a typo and miss it this can cause a tech visit costing companies money, a simple test feature would erraticate this need.

YES.  I can't stress this enough either.  It's BIZARRE to have any AP/SM not to have a 'TEST without saving' mode - but especially on anything designed or thought to be used as a PTP link product.  We just simply can't use a product that one typo, one mistake, one wrong guess, one brain fart, or even one change to settings that we expect to work but just don't due to some environmental issue... and then it's an hour of downtime and a 200 km round trip?  YIKES!

Yes, PLEASE add a 'TEST' function.

Just got my two radios in today. I haven't powered them up yet but I wanted to point out a few things from a hardware / installation standpoint.

If you are installing onto a pole where you can't slide the radio down onto the pole expect to be in for a hard time. Unlike the Force 200 where the clamp is affixed to the radio, on the Force 300 the clamp is loose so you have to sandwich the clamp between the u-bolt and the radio and hold it in place while threading the nuts onto the u-bolt. With a J-mount or a stick this probably isn't an issue as you can slide it down onto the pole assembled.

The nuts for pole mounting are 15mm. I've gotten used to pretty much everyhting in the ePMP1000/2000 range using 13mm bolts and nuts. In fact the two screws that hold the horn onto the dish are 13mm. But the nuts are 15mm.

1 Like

3 Likes

Running the 4.1.1 beta firmware. Not sure the 80mhz channel width is working correctly yet. I've tried several channels and I'm pretty consistantly getting 75/70 on a 20mhz width, 90/90 on 40mhz and 90/90 on 80mhz. As a reference, I am able to get ~125/125 on a Force 200 link with a 40mhz channel and 85/80 on 20mhz. Used the same enviroment for both links.

Another thing I've noticed, I'm not sure if I have a bum radio or what's going on but anytime I make a configuration change on the radio configured as the SM as soon as I hit save the Ethernet port flaps for about 10 minutes and I have no connectivity to the radio during this time. After I can get back into the radio I check the uptime and it's not indicating that the radio rebooted.

l also hate the mounting bracket.

1. Too large for the standard mounts we use on residential homes. The F200 is perfect in comparison.

2. The current mount in use is inadequate and should be replaced with a mount that allows the Vertical and Horizontal to be locked down separately. Both the 450b High Gain and Force 200 allows this unsure why it was decided to go a different way. 

Would be better if the F200, F300 and 450b HG all used the same mounting bracket.

Please do not revert to the U-bolt method where it is hard to align both chains.

2 Likes

@ewolff06 wrote:

Running the 4.1.1 beta firmware. Not sure the 80mhz channel width is working correctly yet. I've tried several channels and I'm pretty consistantly getting 75/70 on a 20mhz width, 90/90 on 40mhz and 90/90 on 80mhz. As a reference, I am able to get ~125/125 on a Force 200 link with a 40mhz channel and 85/80 on 20mhz. Used the same enviroment for both links.

Another thing I've noticed, I'm not sure if I have a bum radio or what's going on but anytime I make a configuration change on the radio configured as the SM as soon as I hit save the Ethernet port flaps for about 10 minutes and I have no connectivity to the radio during this time. After I can get back into the radio I check the uptime and it's not indicating that the radio rebooted.

The current release is not optimal for 80MHz operation but a new release with 80MHz peak tput support is imminent. In the meantime, we will also be posting 4.1.1RC9 release in our beta section which we recommend for use in any 20/40MHz operation please. 

@Chris-T wrote:

l also hate the mounting bracket.

1. Too large for the standard mounts we use on residential homes. The F200 is perfect in comparison.

2. The current mount in use is inadequate and should be replaced with a mount that allows the Vertical and Horizontal to be locked down separately. Both the 450b High Gain and Force 200 allows this unsure why it was decided to go a different way. 

Would be better if the F200, F300 and 450b HG all used the same mounting bracket.

Please do not revert to the U-bolt method where it is hard to align both chains.

Yes, the F300 mount ....well....it..it SUCKS!!!!. It is a de-evolution from the F200 mounting system. With the F200, we had 3 toothed points of contact to a mast, making it extremely secure. With the F300, we have a single U-bolt, and a single toothed bracket on the other side.  Also, the F200 was very easy to lock in either horizontal or vertical and then vice versa. With the F200 you only had one nut to hold on to while getting the flat mounting bracket around a tower leg. Now, you must screw (pun intended) with a U-bolt and 2 nuts, while hanging off a tower...fun times ahead!!!! So far I have only mounted to test masts, but the treaded tower mount came to mind while putting our first set of F300's together. 

1 Like

The force 200 hardware even already fits!!!

And the LED's....   I like a LOT about the Force300's, and I like a LOT about all the ePMP products.  But the LED's are so dim, they really can' t be seen outdoors in the daytime.  I can barely even tell if they are on most of the time, but certainly useless as any sort of diagnostic or aiming tool.  I reported this with the 1000's, the 2000's/200's and now with the 300's the LED's are still far, far to dim to be useful.