ePMP NON-WARRANTY REPAIR

Hi,

Is it true, Cambium do not provide repair for non-warranty products especially for the epmp models? Why is that?

They do for PMP450... I've never tried ePMP, but if the costs for repair are similar to PMP450, then it would make more sense and be cheaper/faster to just buy a new ePMP radio.

Cambium does not provide repair services because the cost of shipping and repair exceeds the cost of the product.

@Gerry De la Cruz wrote:

...Cambium do not provide repair for non-warranty products especially for the epmp models?

Sure Cambium does. There is a simple two-step 'out of warranty' repair process. For a Force 180, or an Integrated Unit, or a ePMP1000 Connectorized unit - out of warranty repair typically about $85, no matter the nature of the damage. Including physical damage. Including water damage. Including dropping off a roof or tower. Including losing it out of the back of the truck, off a bridge, and into a river never to be seen again. All those things can be 'repaired' using this simple two-step 'out of warranty' repair process.

1) Call up a distributor, tell them you have a dead radio that you need 'repaird'. Pay them $99 or less for the 'repair'.

2) Throw the damaged unit away in the trash.  (NOTE: If you've previously lost the radio out of the back of the truck, off a bridge, and into the river, then you've already taken care of step 2. 

Then just wait 2-3 days, and the 'repair' unit will arrive via courier.

2 Likes

What about the $500+ ePMP 2000 APs ? 

APs and SMs are completely different

APs are worth repairing, SMs are not

@Skullzaflare wrote:

APs and SMs are completely different

APs are worth repairing, SMs are not

I agree, that's why I ask...

@ninedd 

Sure Cambium does. There is a simple two-step 'out of warranty' repair process. For a Force 180, or an Integrated Unit, or a ePMP1000 Connectorized unit - out of warranty repair typically about $85, no matter the nature of the damage. Including physical damage. Including water damage. Including dropping off a roof or tower. Including losing it out of the back of the truck, off a bridge, and into a river never to be seen again. All those things can be 'repaired' using this simple two-step 'out of warranty' repair process.

1) Call up a distributor, tell them you have a dead radio that you need 'repaird'. Pay them $99 or less for the 'repair'.

2) Throw the damaged unit away in the trash.  (NOTE: If you've previously lost the radio out of the back of the truck, off a bridge, and into the river, then you've already taken care of step 2. 

Then just wait 2-3 days, and the 'repair' unit will arrive via courier.

We are close enough to Double Radius that we get "repairs" next day with standard shipping. 

Your post reminds of days when fire chiefs would come into shop with a Motorola radio that a fireman had dropped in water or ran over with a truck. Would ask if there was anyway it could be repaired. I'd nod my head and say, "Sure can...nothing wrong with it a new one won't fix".  They would laugh. Now that radio systems have gone to or are transitioning to APCO 25 and these radios are $2-5k each, they don't find it nearly as funny.