ePMP preferred AP retry timer

Subject says it all... just like the PMP series, it would be nice to have ePMP SM's that are associated to a secondary/non-preferred AP to try to reconnect to their preferred AP after a predefined amount of time. 

Yup. Something that's on our roadmap. Hopefully we can get to it soon.

1 Like

on ‎07-15-2015 04:26 PM

Yup. Something that's on our roadmap. Hopefully we can get to it soon.

Been over a year, any update here?

As a WISP this would be a huge feature to add.

1 Like

Any updates?  I see this topic repeated several times with no resolution and always on roadmap.  This should be fairly simple right?  Have a cron in the SM that does a rescan if not on preferred AP.  Even if timer isn't configurable, at least it would be something.

1 Like

A preferred AP retry timer is definately needed

1 Like

We desperately need this feature.

1 Like

"Yup. Something that's on our roadmap. Hopefully we can get to it soon."

4 years later... nothing

1 Like

Something that is overlooked and would be a great feature.

1 Like

Since 4.4 on epmp 3000 the wandering to neighboring AP problem has gotten worse for me. It has to be part of the daily routine just to go through the APs and make sure the radios are on the correct sector.

1 Like

I assume this hasn’t been implemented yet?

2 Likes

Unfortunately, no… still not implemented.

2 Likes

Bumpbumpbumpbump bump.

1 Like

What’s weird about passing a year, two, three or four is Cambium.
Just as many of me and many others are waiting for fixes on GPS sync crashes.
As for the preferred AP!
An option can be added for SM to scan and search for its primary AP and to do so at the time allotted to it. It solves a lot.
An advanced version would be when the AP that was off returns to the broadcast mode via Ethernet sending the sequence to all other APs.
They send it to all SMs that AP is on air. All SMs receive a report and everyone with whom it is primary migrates to it. The cost of a few bits can also be done with SNMP

2 Likes

And still waiting for this feature…

2 Likes

This is a must have feature. Without it, there’s essentially no reason to have a secondary choice.

It even could just be implemented in the WatchDog… This wouldn’t be particularly elegant - but it would be a functional solution. Just a check that says ‘if not associated with the primary AP, then reset wireless in [XX] minutes’

2 Likes

Cripes…even UBNT had a stab at this after a few months when I whined about it being a needed feature.

A trained chimp could code this feature up in a couple of hours…seriously…what’s the problem?.

There really is zero reason to even have a “secondary AP” feature in the SMs, unless part of that feature is a way to climb back to the top preferred AP.

This has been widely asked for, for YEARS.