ePMP PTP mode frequency reuse

Good Day,

After looking at what a cell operator in our area is doing, a weird idea hit me.

Would it be possible to do frequency reuse with say a force 200 plus an AP lite to provide a dedicated link for a high bandwidth customer (20Mbit+ for example)? I'm pretty sure I can reuse the frequency to another customer from another tower but could I possibly reuse the frequency on the same tower?

The other reason I'm thinking this may work is looking at http://mimosa.co/home/Products/Backhaul/TDMA (Scroll down to the "Recommendations for Collocation" section). We are currently using these backhauls with 3 leaving a single site on the same frequency with no issues (bearings 52, 319 and 168).

I'm pretty sure this is doable, what I'm not sure about is what would the restrictions be? Could we reuse once we are 90 degrees away (is there a radome for the force 200)?

Please tell me if I am just halucinating or if there is something that will make this hell to maintain when we have allot of these types of links.

Hello,

You will find some good resources in our knowledge base area around this topic.

Regards

1 Like

I'm not sure that you'll be able to get away with this using a force 200 plus, and a 90 deg sector. You may have to use something like a 2' parabolic dish w/shield kit, along with a 60 or 45 deg sector, again, with excellent F/B.

We do something similar to what you're trying to do with an ePMP PtP using a 2' parabolic dish w/shield kit (pointed East), and there's a PMP100 60deg sector that's about 90deg offset (pointed south). This configuration works for us.

2 Likes

@dmcken wrote:

Good Day,

After looking at what a cell operator in our area is doing, a weird idea hit me.

Would it be possible to do frequency reuse with say a force 200 plus an AP lite to provide a dedicated link for a high bandwidth customer (20Mbit+ for example)? I'm pretty sure I can reuse the frequency to another customer from another tower but could I possibly reuse the frequency on the same tower?

The other reason I'm thinking this may work is looking at http://mimosa.co/home/Products/Backhaul/TDMA (Scroll down to the "Recommendations for Collocation" section). We are currently using these backhauls with 3 leaving a single site on the same frequency with no issues (bearings 52, 319 and 168).

I'm pretty sure this is doable, what I'm not sure about is what would the restrictions be? Could we reuse once we are 90 degrees away (is there a radome for the force 200)?

Please tell me if I am just halucinating or if there is something that will make this hell to maintain when we have allot of these types of links.

we have a lot of PTP reuse from the epmp product.   you must use a GPS enabled radio to do it.    the force 200 will be fine on the slave end.   

weve got a site using 2 channels, and 4 force 110 gps dishes come from it.   there are a some conditions you have to watch and balance.   for us, we have the right conditions to maintain the CIR values from each of our links to do this deployment.  each of the radios is moving well over 100 meg when we test to speedtest.net   the mimosa radios use 2 different channels to TX and RX, or atleast are able to.  the cambium radios cannot. can transmit on one freq and receive on another, you can do what your describing.  the cambium radios are GPS dependant so you'll need to watch your noise and beacon data.     for example, your radio facing 52, 319 and 168, if the remotes sites here the assigned master at 50 DB, and the other masters at 85db. and its the same condition for the other two links, then you can use on channel for TX and RX.  and get max throughput.      the angles you've listed should be sufficient to get the SNR values you need especially if you only want 20 mbps from them.     Erics suggestions are good to help get your SNR in check. a few more things to watch or do, have these backhauls as far apart as possible, if your on a water tank, well your flat gold if you've moved these radios so the bowl is between them.   next look at your radio beacon data and see what your differences are, if you've only got 19 change in power, refer to the link budget table and see what you get at that modulation, and limit your radios to talk at that modulation.    better antennas, yield better SNRs.        

BIG NOTE: you can only use the same channel twice on the same tower (front and back) so for 3 links, you will need 2 channels. 

20mbps for the EPMP isn't much bandwidth, if that's your target delivery, you can pull that easy from a multipoint setup, we deliver up to 50 mbps from ours.  

1 Like