ePMP Release 3.1 is now available

OMG the speed!!!  This feels so good.

1 Like

@Fedor wrote:

@Chris_Bay wrote:

I'm not able to get a epmp2000 to link to a epmp1000 as a TDD SM or EPMP slave 

running 40 mhz channel in DFS.  

verfied Keys and netowork names,  also tried with open secuirty. 

they work fine swapping the roles. 

Hi Chris,

Could you please specify which channel and Country Code is used?

I cannot reproduce described issue in 5.4 GHz band with US Country Code.

Thank you.

the AP is epmp 1000 lite, us model locked country code to united states

@its primary channel is 5275 @ 40 mhz.     the 3.x DFS bug always hits that channel and it moves to its first alternate at 5280 @ 20mhz width and stays there.    it is in TDD PTP flexible frame mode.      same results in eptp master

the epmp2000 as the CPE set to connect to this AP, is set to listen only to the three dfs channels the AP is on,  5275 at 40mhz,  5280 at 20 mhz and 5285 and 20 mhz.         the CPE this morning is repprting the wrong frequency.   its not set to listen to 5560, but it shows the ap that is correctly sending on 5280 on that channel.  attached is a side by side screenshot.    

If i reverse roles, let the 2000 be the PTP master, everything works fine. 

I'll PM you the config files for these radios also.

Thank you for explanation.

Please send configuration files to: fedir.trutsko@cambiumnetworks.com

This will help as a lot.

Thank you.

Ugh! Just rolled my DFS AP to 3.1 right before you posted there are issues with DFS still.  I'll let it sit since this is pretty disruptive on the customers and keep an eye on it. Otherwise, it's back to 2.6.2.1 again.

Could someone please help me with this error? This is on a subscriber module.

We currently don't use the RADIUS server, and I don't see any parameters in use in Monitor>Network.

I see that as well on a 1000 GPS AP but I don't get it on a 1000 non-GPS AP. Both have 3.1

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please skip incorrect Warning message, here the bug is.

You should just save VLAN and it will be applied on the ePMP device.

Thank you.

It won't let me access the radio remotely with the Vlan having the warning message. I was able to downgrade the firmware through the cnMaestro, then I could access it.

Could you please send me configuration files from AP and SM.

fedir.trutsko@cambiumnetworks.com

In bridge mode with only Management VLAN configured we don't see any issues except incorrect warning message.

Thank you.

I upgraded the radio again to 3.1 with it in bridge mode, and I had no trouble accessing it. When it was first installed I had it in NAT mode and was not able to access it remotely.

Thank you for sending configuration files.

We caannot reproduce issue with them as well.

So please just skip wrong warning message during configuration.

Thank you.

Encountering a webUI bug in 3.1 release - go to Configure->System and click on the Latitude field.  Start typing in a latitude, like say 34.685105.  It keeps trying to auto-correct away the decimal point then auto-correct the 'too large' value down to 90.

Same with Longitude. Oh, and if you type a leading "-" it auto-corrects that away as well.

I've found that if you type the next digit quickly enough it will retain the decimal point or minus sign, it only appears to auto-mangle if the non-numeric character is the last thing typed for more than about 1 second.

I've been battling my install/service crews forever to get near 90% compliance on GPS coordinates in SMs, now they have found another excuse... :(

j

Hi Joel,

Thank you for sharing this.

We will fix that issue as soon as possible.

Sorry for inconveniences.

Thank you.

Maybe it was a fluke thing. I have a couple installs today. I will let you know how it goes. Thank you

I tried it again, this time with a different AP and different SMs. All have same 3.1 firmware. I can’t access the SMs remotely nor ping them. I am able to access the AP with the 3.1 firmware.

I emailed you the configuration files on all 3.

haha.  Put in 90 and 90 for lat/long and it takes you to the middle of the Arctic Ocean.  If your crew is doing installs over there you must offer way to much vacation time!

@jmay wrote:

haha.  Put in 90 and 90 for lat/long and it takes you to the middle of the Arctic Ocean.  If your crew is doing installs over there you must offer way to much vacation time!

Believe me, we've regularly got units that are "located" off the coast of Africa (0,0) and several others that are in the mountains of Tibet.  (same latitude as North Carolina, missing '-' sign on longitude)

j

So I think I found a strange little bug with 3.1... we have an AP running 3.1... and on it's home page it shows 23 hours and 6 minutes of uptime... BUT on the AP's Monitor-Wireless page, it shows the SM's all connected for 2 days 23 hours and 6 minutes. It appears as though the days are being truncated on the home page?

I checked the system page too, and it's truncated... BUT not the Performance page 'time since last reset' counter.

The 2 days 23 hours 6 minutes figure is accurate and is the correct time last we update the firmware/rebooted this AP and clients.

@Eric Ozrelic wrote:

So I think I found a strange little bug with 3.1... we have an AP running 3.1... and on it's home page it shows 23 hours and 6 minutes of uptime... BUT on the AP's Monitor-Wireless page, it shows the SM's all connected for 2 days 23 hours and 6 minutes. It appears as though the days are being truncated on the home page?

I checked the system page too, and it's truncated... BUT not the Performance page 'time since last reset' counter.

The 2 days 23 hours 6 minutes figure is accurate and is the correct time last we update the firmware/rebooted this AP and clients.

Hi Eric, 

Thanks and yes, this is a GUI display bug and we will fix it. 

When you hit refresh on the browser on the Home page, you will see for an instant the "days" being displayed, then it goes to hours and minutes. :(

Thanks,

Sriram

@Eric Ozrelic wrote:

Good catch - I'd been looking at uptimes on the radios and hadn't even noticed, but it IS missing the 'Days' part on Home and System.

j