ePMP Release 3.4.1 is now available

@newkirk wrote:

I updated four SMs on our network from 3.2.2 to 3.4.1 last week, specifically picking four that exhibited high reboot activity on 3.3 and 3.4 firmware.  Two Force180 and two Force200.

The two Force180s have since rebooted four and eight times.

The two Force200s have rebooted once for one, and 32 times for the other...

Attaching crashlog from the one that rebooted 32 times.  (the other three had none)

Note that we've been under assault by lightning storms the past couple weeks, so power brownout/blackout could explain several reboots.  (but not 32 times)

j

Hi Joel,

After Call-Trace investigation we can confirm it is HW issue with your Force 200.

Please open ticket with Cambium Support to RMA this particular unit.

Thank you.

@Fedor wrote:

Hi Joel,

After Call-Trace investigation we can confirm it is HW issue with your Force 200.

Please open ticket with Cambium Support to RMA this particular unit.

Thank you.

Unfortunately, as with most of the previous examples that we already replaced for reboot issues, (and discarded) this unit is past warranty.

j

I have upgraded to 3.4.1 on an epmp 1000 gps sync. I have set it to specturm anyalyzer and rebooted.  This is all fine.   I  have then set it to AP mode and rebooted.  It stays in spectrum anyalyzer mode.  This is not fine.  Has anyone else experienced this?

The notification window says the settings were saved successfully and it now requires a reboot.  The save button still says applying and will stay that way.  I have tried in google chrome and firefox.

I ssh into the radio.  After a reboot I have tried config commit and i get this error.

ap9-snd-epmp-e>config commit
i: Bad object type: 1

Ok so you have to go from spectrum to SM then SM to AP.  Now it is back to AP mode. 

@Fedor wrote:
Hi,

Could you please tell a bit more regarding issue you had with GPS sync?

Thank you.

I am sorry it took so long to reply. We have been having random AP's lose GPS sync. They are all on 3.3 and all using the same type of puck, the one's that come with the AP itself.

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-2000-and-1000/ePMP-On-board-GPS-Sync-Loss/m-p/69773#M99...

This post was similar to the issue we are having, then Luis posted a link to some beta firmware here: http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-Beta/ePMP-Beta-Release-3-3-RC14-now-available/td-p/6924...

I haven't been able to find newer information but right now we have about half our AP's on internal (which is essentially useless) and we would like to get this resolved.

Before I rollout the firmware to one of the AP's for testing, I was just curious if this issue was addressed at all or if there is something else going on.

Thank you

Same here!

We saw this same problem on multiple 2.4 ePMP AP's using Version 3.3

Hello GhostRideDaWisp,

Thank you for update on this issue.
For now we are not aware of any issues with GPS firmware.
We had issue with GPS FW in the past with old GPS chip and first GPS FW version.
But it was fixed by GPS firmware upgrade.
But in case you see issue on ePMP2000 it should be something different.
Do you have device we can investigate this issue on?
You can contact me at fedor.trutsko(at)cambiumnetworks.com

Thank you.

I should have said that we have experienced the GPS problem on two different 2.4 Ghz ePMP-1000 with 3.3 firmware.

Yes reboot problem definately not solved. I have sm's that are in the same boat, reboots constantly. 

@pgator17 wrote:

Yes reboot problem definately not solved. I have sm's that are in the same boat, reboots constantly. 

Hello,

Did you check whether crash log is saved on devices which experiencing reboot?

Thank you.

@Danny Ray Boyer wrote:

I should have said that we have experienced the GPS problem on two different 2.4 Ghz ePMP-1000 with 3.3 firmware.

Hi Danny,

Could you please provide screenshot from Tools -> Software Upgrade page.

Thank you.

Too late.....

We upgraded to 3.4.1 (when it first came out) in both 2.4 GPS ePMP-1000 AP's and have not seen the problem since.  

With 3.3 firmware, we would periodically catch each 2.4 GPS not generating GPS sync.  We would switch to internal sync, reboot and they would go back to transmitting. 

Later, we would log back in, switch back to GPS sync, reboot and each would transmit for a while. 

Back and forth......

It was time to try something different - therefore the move to 3.4.1. 

To the best of my knowledge, we never saw the same problem on multiple 5 Ghz GPS ePMP-1000 AP's that we have installed at multiple locations.

Everything that we have has now been upgreaded to 3.4.1.

1 Like

Just upgraded firmware about 3 hours ago

In order to re-loging after upgrade need to use different browser or clean cache - waste of time.

Trying get back from spectrum analyzer to AP get stuck

Tried to reboot from web interface and by disconnecting power and stays on spectrum analyzer

No bueno

I have the same problem going from spectrum to AP.   I was able to go from spectrum to SM, then SM to AP.

Hi,

Could you please send me configuration file from device you were not able to switch back to AP mode for investigation.

My e-mail address: fedor.trutsko(at)cambiumnetworks(dot)com

Thank you. 

Reboot problem  = HW problem not SW. Change unit.

This release was not stable for us.  We upgraded from 3.2 to 3.4.1 in hopes of ridding ourselves of the SNMP crashes but with 3.41, we had issues with the AP rebooting on it own and the SM's were loosing sessions randomly.  Downgraded to 3.2.2 and 24 hours without a problem.  In my opinion all the Elevate upgrades should stay on their own separate firmware.  Seems like a lot of issues once Elevate arrived. 

1 Like

@Nathan Dothager wrote:

This release was not stable for us.  We upgraded from 3.2 to 3.4.1 in hopes of ridding ourselves of the SNMP crashes but with 3.41, we had issues with the AP rebooting on it own and the SM's were loosing sessions randomly.  Downgraded to 3.2.2 and 24 hours without a problem.  In my opinion all the Elevate upgrades should stay on their own separate firmware.  Seems like a lot of issues once Elevate arrived. 

Hi Nathan,

Could you please provide more inforamtion regarding both issues.

We are not avare of any issues related to AP reboots or SMs disconnects on 3.4.1 Release.

I would be really grateful if you could check crash log for Reboot issue and gather System log from AP and SM for disconnects issue.

Both issues can be caused because of extarnal factors which are not releated to FW.

Thank you in advance.