ePMP Release 4.1.3 is now available for the ePMP Force 300 and PTP 550

ePMP Release 4.1.3 is now available for the ePMP Force 300 and PTP 550

ePMP Release 4.1.3 is now available for the ePMP Force 300 and PTP 550.  The Software can be downloaded at:

https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/ptp550/

https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/epmp/

2 Likes

I have applied this 4.1.3 release to a Force300 backhaul link we've been using in production.  1.25 KM across town, we're using 40 Mhz wide channel (because that gives us all the throughput we need) - Ratio set at 75%/25%

Download  = 242 mbit/sec
Upload       =   72 mbit/sec
Aggregate  = 314 mbit/sec

Latency = 2.7ms Average (this is 'live' and while carrying about 80 Mbit of customer data at the moment)

PING 10.0.0.46 (10.0.0.46) 32(60) bytes of data.
40 bytes from 10.0.0.46: icmp_req=1 ttl=64 time=3.21 ms
40 bytes from 10.0.0.46: icmp_req=2 ttl=64 time=1.74 ms
40 bytes from 10.0.0.46: icmp_req=3 ttl=64 time=1.61 ms
40 bytes from 10.0.0.46: icmp_req=4 ttl=64 time=4.28 ms

— 10.0.0.46 ping statistics —
4 packets transmitted, 4 received, 0% packet loss, time 3003ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 1.614/2.716/4.288/1.105 ms

I also enabled and disabled the Spectrum Analyzer on both the AP and the SM side, ran the SA a couple times on each side - without any interruption or crash or dropped link, or even any apparent loss in performance.

So, the Force300’s are performing pretty well, so hopefully this will eliminate those internment SM side crash/reboots too.  :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Latency over a Force300 link with Firmware 4.1.2 vs 4.1.3

IMPORTANT: This is as meausred from our Cacti server to the 'far' side of a Force300 link...  so this measurement includes all the network latency from the Cacti server, through the switch, and through a couple AirFiber hops out to the Force300 link... and then across the Force300 wireless link to the Force300 on the far side. Latency to the Force300 on near side of the link is about 1 ms or so, so I suppose we can consider the 'over the air' latency to be about 1 ms less than measured here - or about 3.3 ms average latency across the Force300 wireless link.  As you can see, for us - that's about 1/2 the latency as previous Firmware releases.

6 Likes

Still no DFS Channels ?  You're killing me smalls...

1 Like

@brubble1 wrote:

Still no DFS Channels ?  You're killing me smalls...

DFS channels support is coming soon in 4.3 FW.

Thank you.

Please pay attention

Hi all,

Please note, the major issue has been observed in 4.1.3 Release.

After MTU has been changed on the ePMP radios it may cause reachability issues to SMs with Mgmt VLAN configured.

We are working right now to provide the fix in 4.1.3.1 FW asap.

Thank you and sorry for possible inconveniences.

Well done.

No more reboots on SM side with this firmware?

@Norawa wrote:

The SM is still rebooting for me.  
AP Uptime = 11 Days, 1 Hour (reports 8 session drops)
SM Uptime = 1 Day, 6 Hours, 28 Minutes  (reports 5 reboots)

I'll reset the session counters now (Oct 17th, 11:25 PM) and see if I can figure out a pattern.

We've noticed that the AP/master side of the F300 link has been rebooting... strangely enough, the SM/slave side has not been rebooting. Both sides running 4.1.3 since it's release.

@ninedd wrote:

@Norawa wrote:

The SM is still rebooting for me.  
AP Uptime = 11 Days, 1 Hour (reports 8 session drops)
SM Uptime = 1 Day, 6 Hours, 28 Minutes  (reports 5 reboots)

I'll reset the session counters now (Oct 17th, 11:25 PM) and see if I can figure out a pattern.

The SM Uptime is now 1 Hour, 7 Minutes - so it reset again...    

BUT, the Monitor -> Performance on the SM says that it's a 'Hard Device Reboot' - which I think means a power cycle...  so I'll have to investigate this.

Session Drops1
 Link Drop Counter0
 Total Device Reboots1
 Soft Device Reboots0
 Hard Device Reboots1

I'm seeing 2 hard device reboots on my AP/Master, and no reboots on my SM/Slave. What consititues a hard device reboot? Power cycle I assume? This would be very strange as we have a bunch of radios and other things all powered by the same source/UPS showing 30+ days of up time. I guess this could be a bad PoE or maybe a loose RJ45 somewhere along the PoE chain?

que lástima.. por lo que leo siguen inestables los equipos. yo sigo a la espera de los 8 f300 que me tiene que enviar el RMA..

Getting a few kernel panic's on a PTP Force300 link every day.  Version 4.1.3

kernel - - [meta sequenceId="26"] [13917.460403] Kernel panic - not syncing: Take care of the TARGET ASSERT first

Downgraded to 4.1.2 so see if we still get them.

@Eric Ozrelic wrote:

I guess this could be a bad PoE or maybe a loose RJ45 somewhere along the PoE chain?

I changed the 30v Gigabit POE and RJ45s yesterday on my rebooting Force300 SM, so we will see.

My CACTI graph is broken for ir, sonits only graohing signal and latency now (no uptime) so I dont know whay that is either... but Im CACTI challenged.