ePMP Release 4.4.3 is now available

ePMP Release 4.4.3 is now available at https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/epmp/ in the ePMP group

2 Likes

Looks like the last  /  breaks the link.  At least for me. 

https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files

3 Likes

Can you get cnMaestro cloud updated? It's still showing the old 4.3-RC1 beta, instead of 4.3-release. Thanks!

@Eric Ozrelic wrote:

Can you get cnMaestro cloud updated? It's still showing the old 4.3-RC1 beta, instead of 4.3-release. Thanks!

We are in progress on that. It will be available today.

Thank you.

@brubble1 wrote:

Looks like the last  /  breaks the link.  At least for me. 

https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files

Fixed.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Thank you.

1 Like

Upgraded a 3000L micropop and its 10 clients to 4.4.3 from 4.4.1 a while back. Had a lot of problems with AP  reboots and clients being dropped so we rolled everything back to 4.4.1 which did not fix the problems.  Turns out I had enabled the Spectrum Analyzer and that appeared to have been causing all the problems. 

Upgraded that same 3000L and 10 clients to 4.4.3 again this morning and the AP rebooted itself twice about 30 minutes later. I checked to make sure the SA was shut off. The CPU usage on 4.4.1 with the SA disabled runs about 5% with spikes to maybe 8% . With the SA enabled CPU usage jumps to 25% +/- 3%.  Running 4.4.3 with the SA disabled CPU usage is all over the place, spiking up to 20%+.

So it looks like enabling the SA will cause random reboots and v4.4.3 also causes the 3000L to randomly reboot.

Edit:  Rebooted two more times while I was writing the above so 4 reboots now in 45 minutes.

Random reboots always coincide with huge spikes on the ethernet ,  power cycling or rebooting the radios via the GUI does not have the same Ethernet spikes when rebooted.

The Sessions Drops just before the AP was upgraded to 4.4.3 was me upgrading the Clients to 4.4.3

Hi,

There is known issue when ePMP3000L is losing GPS sync with SA enabled.
But we are not aware of reboots.
Could you please send Tech Support Files to me at fedor.trutsko(at)cambiumnetworks(dot)com?

Thank you.

Fedor,

I rolled the AP back 4.4.1 (but I left the clients on 4.4.3) and it hasn't rebooted again in the last half hour or so. Do these support files need to be from right after a reboot or if I grabbed them right now (after downgrading the firmware) would they have the info you need ?     

Edit: sent what I have, will re-upgrade to 4.4.3 in the early hours of the morning and send file from after it reboots a few times if needed.

@brubble1 wrote:

Fedor,

I rolled the AP back 4.4.1 (but I left the clients on 4.4.3) and it hasn't rebooted again in the last half hour or so. Do these support files need to be from right after a reboot or if I grabbed them right now (after downgrading the firmware) would they have the info you need ?     

Edit: sent what I have, will re-upgrade to 4.4.3 in the early hours of the morning and send file from after it reboots a few times if needed.

I would really appreciate it if you could send Tech Support Files from 4.4.3.

Nothing suspicious in the dumps from 4.4.1.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi all,

If anyone has reboots on 4.4.3 please let Fedor, myself or tech support know right away with the tech support dumps attached. It will help us to dig to the bottom of this issue.

Dmitry

DOES THIS FW FIX THE KICKING OF ALL CLIENTS ALL THE TIME ????

We have not experienced this on 5g

We have noticed anything above 3.5.6 is absolute garbage on 2g and if it was the only firmware we would throw away the epmp1000 line and go somewhere else lol. We have locked all 2g to 3.5.6, above that we had dropping all SMs but no such issue experienced on 5g

Hi russ007,

I feel your frustration, but unfortunatly I can't tell for sure. It will beg great if you can share any details of the issue with the support team. It will help to fix it.

Thanks,

Dmitry

Hi Skullzaflare,

Have you tried 4.4.3 on your 2GHz network? Other customers reported that it resolved similar issues.

Dmitry

1 Like

4.4.1 was the last attempt on 2g, tomorrow i can try flashing a low usage area and see what happens.

@Skullzaflare wrote:

4.4.1 was the last attempt on 2g, tomorrow i can try flashing a low usage area and see what happens.

There were a lot of session drop issues on 2.4GHz with 4.4.1 (and earlier firmware)... after working very closely with Cambium, they've resolved pretty much all of these issues for me starting with 4.4.2 and it's even better with 4.4.3. After meticulously tracking the drop rate per hour doing before/after tests between 3.5.6, 4.4.1, and 4.4.3... with 4.4.3, the session drop rate is actually a little less, and performing a hair better then 3.5.6.

2 Likes

Our issue was that ALL SMs dropped together and wouldnt reregister until AP was rebooted, and this was random between 10 minutes and 6 hours

@Skullzaflare wrote:

Our issue was that ALL SMs dropped together and wouldnt reregister until AP was rebooted, and this was random between 10 minutes and 6 hours

This is a known issue if you're running mixed 3.5.6 and 4.X firmware. You'll need to make sure you're running all 3.5.6 or 4.4.3 on both AP and clients and make sure there are none that you missed. 4.X makes this easy because you can go to the station list and now there's a firmware version column.

2 Likes

Am seeing a random issue on F300 with 4.4.3. Have only seen it twice so far. Radio has good links 72/6 but cannot stay in customers router, reboot does not help. Flash radio down to 4.3.2.1 and no issues staying in router.

(customer complaint no upload speed)

" cannot stay in customers router,"

We are just now starting to roll out F300 to customer installs/repair so I'm curious, what does that mean ?