ePMP Release 4.6 - Known issues

That’s correct.
We haven’t seen that crash before and looks like it has apostates in 4.6.

Thank you.

Thank you Fedor! Appreciate it! Some of these units are in production, should I roll back to 4.5.6?

Yes, it makes sense to revert back to 4.5.6 if the issue happens frequently on these links.

Thank you.

Hi Fedor, so I rolled back to 4.5.6 and in all honesty I have never used 4.5.6 for my ptp 550 links. Im not sure if it is firmware related but I have had a couple instances where I had a slave go offline but the uptime is not affected. Can I get you the tech file and log or should I submit them to the ticket that is still open?

Wanted to add I tried 4.6.0.1 on one ePMP 3000 AP, and then lost the ability to log into the web interface of the AP, message always invalid username / password. Also the SIP VOIP phone of a customer stopped working after a short time. Just downgraded the AP and all subs, and both problems instantly solved.

Hi,

Do you have GUI Radius Authentication feature on?
Please pay attention to the recent changes that are intended to improve network security.

Thank you.

No, I do not use GUI Radius (yet)

Apologies! I checked that setting “Remote RADIUS Server and Fallback to Local” and it was selected, even though I do not yet use radius. Accidental click at some point, it was the first AP I installed, so it must have been like that for some time.

Hi Folks,
Everytime we update basestations to ePMP firmware 4.6.1, elevated nanostations do not re-associate with the basestation. Is this a known bug or anyone know the latest release that does not have this issue?

Good afternoon, after updating EPMP2000 to version 4.6.2 I can no longer access it, it says that the password is incorrect, how do I now get access to the radio, it is 100 kilometers away …

What version did you upgrade from?

ePMP is famous for caching incorrect or stale information in the browser cache. So I’d try logging in after either 1) clear your browser cache 2) use a different web browser 3) use incognito mode

2 Likes

Did you sort you issue? Ninedd is right! there can be some tricks with a browser or GUI page can confuse you when there is no connectivity with a station.
So far I don’t know any issue with a password when upgrading.

So I called it “Browser tricks”. It is not an issue with configured password itself.
We are working on it. In 4.7 GUI will work faster.

Yes, probably not. I just meant if one usually uses normal mode, and suddenly has a suspected browser issue, that clearing cookies and cache and everything is an option - but one time switching to a different browser, or switching to incognito mode, seems to also do the trick - maybe. But I wasn’t suggesting that incognito mode prevents the problem on an ongoing basis.:person_shrugging:

1 Like

That’s great guys :+1: But having to click through 9 different screens (in order to find the 3 pieces of info that could all be in one place, on one dashboard) is still going to remain a functionality issue, unfortunately. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

When is it suppose to have a stable release (4.7) ?

Could you tell my more details about this experience? I mean what you need and how you get it from GUI. Also how would you like to improve it?

Soon. Looks like we have fixed TCP tput issue and need to polish the solution.

1 Like

I still haven’t solved my problem, I’ve tested all browsers and also cleared their data, but it still gives incorrect password.

I have upgrade from 4.4.1 to 4.6.2