ePMP Software Release 2.5 is now available

Looks like the snmp is br0ke.

connectedSTAClickTHostName that was  1.3.6.1.4.1.17713.21.1.2.30.1.18  are now 1.3.6.1.4.1.17713.21.1.2.30.1.19

connectedSTAIP that was  1.3.6.1.4.1.17713.21.1.2.30.1.10 are now 1.3.6.1.4.1.17713.21.1.2.30.1.11

The new mib-files does not reflect this change.

Roy Johnsen

Nordkontakt AS

@toto wrote:
excuse me, where 'the link to download it?

https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/epmp/

1 Like

@Nordkontakt wrote:

connectedSTAClickTHostName that was  1.3.6.1.4.1.17713.21.1.2.30.1.18  are now 1.3.6.1.4.1.17713.21.1.2.30.1.19

connectedSTAIP that was  1.3.6.1.4.1.17713.21.1.2.30.1.10 are now 1.3.6.1.4.1.17713.21.1.2.30.1.11

Roy Johnsen

Nordkontakt AS

Thanks. OIDs should not change. We will take a look and get back to you. 

@Cambium_Sri wrote:

@Nordkontakt wrote:

Roy Johnsen

Nordkontakt AS

Thanks. OIDs should not change. We will take a look and get back to you. 

Hi, 

This is confirmed as a bug. It only impacts the cambiumAPConnectedSTAEntry table. We will provide a repair in the very next release (2.5.1). I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. 

Thanks,

Sriram

Thats kind of annoying since it breaks a lot of monitoring options. Is 2.5.1 going to be sooner than later, or should I roll back all these AP i just upgrade?

@Ben Backus wrote:

Thats kind of annoying since it breaks a lot of monitoring options. Is 2.5.1 going to be sooner than later, or should I roll back all these AP i just upgrade?

Apologies once again for this. The issue affects only one table and there is a workaround for 2.5 release if you want to use it. Details here: http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-Known-Issues/Software-Release-2-5-AP-s-Connected-STA-List-SNMP-Object/m-p/43534

Release 2.5.1 won't be available for another two weeks. 

Thanks,

Sriram

Do I need to upgrade both the AP and clients to get the enhanced features?  I upgraded one link and upgraded both the ap and cpe.  I couldn't find any settings to change on the cpe but changed the ap frame size from 5ms to 2.5ms..  Latency went down from ~32ms to ~18ms average.   What additional channels do we get?

@Greg Coffey wrote:

Do I need to upgrade both the AP and clients to get the enhanced features?  I upgraded one link and upgraded both the ap and cpe.  I couldn't find any settings to change on the cpe but changed the ap frame size from 5ms to 2.5ms..  Latency went down from ~32ms to ~18ms average.   What additional channels do we get?

Yes, you need to upgrade both AP and clients. enhanced point to point (ePTP) mode now supports 5.4/DFS channels.

2 Likes

@Greg Coffey wrote:

Hi Greg, 

You need to change the frame size only on the AP. The SM "learns" the frame size from the AP. And as Eric pointed out, you have DFS channels available in ePTP mode now which wasn't available prior to this release. 

Thanks,

Sriram

You have to be in 20mhz channels for the change in frame size to function.  One AP was at 10mhz and it didn't warn me about it but changed the channel size to 20mhz all by itself.  None of the clients would sync back up so I set it back to 5ms and 10mhz.  After the clients came back, I went in and set their channel size to 10 and 20mhz.  Set the AP frame size to 2.5 and everything is functioning. 

I'm not familiar with the ePTP mode.  It is limited to one client then? 

I just upgraded another (20mhz) AP and 25 clients to 2.5.  I did each client first and rebooted.  All went well.  I upgraded the AP to 2.5 and rebooted.  Still good.  All clients back and connected.  Changed the frame size from 5 to 2.5 and saved.  No clients would stay connected.  Rebooted the AP and the most I saw connected was 5 clients.  Those 5 would not stay connected, they seemed to be rotating for a short period and disappear.   I changed the AP frame size back to 5 and saved.  Got 14 clients back and stable.  We have another Cambium AP there on different 10mhz channel and different ssid.  All the missing clients had associated to it.  I logged into each rogue client and rebooted.  Each went back to the original AP.  These are all 5Ghz units.   

@Greg Coffey wrote:

I just upgraded another (20mhz) AP and 25 clients to 2.5.  I did each client first and rebooted.  All went well.  I upgraded the AP to 2.5 and rebooted.  Still good.  All clients back and connected.  Changed the frame size from 5 to 2.5 and saved.  No clients would stay connected.  Rebooted the AP and the most I saw connected was 5 clients.  Those 5 would not stay connected, they seemed to be rotating for a short period and disappear.   I changed the AP frame size back to 5 and saved.  Got 14 clients back and stable.  We have another Cambium AP there on different 10mhz channel and different ssid.  All the missing clients had associated to it.  I logged into each rogue client and rebooted.  Each went back to the original AP.  These are all 5Ghz units.   

I had that happen too when I switched a PtMP from flexible 5ms to a 75/25ratio and 2.5ms... I'd see a few connect, and then disconnnect, and that happened a few times... after about 5-10minutes though everyone reconnected and it's been fine since.

When I upgraded Ap to 2.5 v. not all clients connected. Then I rebooted the AP and seems everyone is connected now. 

Hi,

I tried new version for ePMP 1000 2.4 GHz Integrated radio but notebooks are smart phones couldn't connect the AP when I give to manuel IP adress  this devices ,they connect the AP. What am I to do ?

2 Eric Ozrelic

How did    latency  change  in multipoint TDD 25/75  and  Flexible at  2.5 ms  frame in comparison  with 5 ms frame?

The same question is to @haver.

to Vyacheslav

We haven't upgraded all the  STAs  yet

>Provides the ability for the AP to operate as a WLAN device when in Standard WiFi mode so any 802.11 client can connect to it within a 300 meter radius

What good is WiFi mode if we're limited to such a small restriction?  None of our Mikrotik/Ubiquiti/etc PTMP deployments are under a thousand feet.

@jluthman wrote:

>Provides the ability for the AP to operate as a WLAN device when in Standard WiFi mode so any 802.11 client can connect to it within a 300 meter radius

What good is WiFi mode if we're limited to such a small restriction?  None of our Mikrotik/Ubiquiti/etc PTMP deployments are under a thousand feet.

Josh, 

The WLAN mode is something you have to specifically enable. Simply switching the Access Point Mode to Standard WiFi will allow you to connect Mikrotik/Ubiquiti SMs at longer distances. 

Thanks,

Sriram

@Vyacheslav wrote:

2 Eric Ozrelic

How did    latency  change  in multipoint TDD 25/75  and  Flexible at  2.5 ms  frame in comparison  with 5 ms frame?

@the same question is to @haver.

There was no change in latency for us moving from 5ms-flexible to 2.5ms-75/25.

There was no change in latency for us moving from 5ms-flexible to 2.5ms-75/25.

What about 2.5 ms Flexible?