ePMP1000 Bridge Mode

Hi,

Have setup a pair of ePMP1000 (connectorised) in bridge mode.

laptop <> ePMP (AP)  ..... ePMP (SM)  <> laptop.

Static IP AP = 192.168.0.1 SM = 192.168.0.2

WPA2 on both ends

Point to point with MAC access on both ends

And it is linked and can ping each laptop from the other laptop.

But when I do this

laptop <> ePMP (AP)  ..... ePMP (SM)  <> office network (DHCP internet)

and reconfig my lan port to auto assign, as it normally is to gain access to the internet at work, I have nill access to the internet over the bridge.

What have I missed?

Thanks

Does you laptop get an IP address via DHCP BUT you can't access the internet? Secondly, if you manually enter in the IP address/gateway/subnet/DNS information into your laptop, can you access the internet?

Lastly... what firmware rev are you using, and are you using TDD-PTP or ePTP mode?

Hi Eric,

Away from work atm so can only answer some, unless there is a way of uploading the saved config file?

Q. Does you laptop get an IP address via DHCP BUT you can't access the internet?

A. After setting up the ePMP bridge laptop was set back to DHCP and yes nil access.

Q. Secondly, if you manually enter in the IP address/gateway/subnet/DNS information into your laptop, can you access the internet?

A. Will try tomorrow afternoon.

Q. Lastly... what firmware rev are you using, and are you using TDD-PTP or ePTP mode?

A. Ditto for tomorrow.

Cheers

Any resolution?

hello.. upon seeing this post, this is the issue i faced too. However, i am using EPTP 550 in bridge mode.

The laptop recieves the ip from the dhcp server. It is able to ping to my dns. the "IP" of google, facebook, etc can be pinged but dns resolution does not occur when i ping google.com.

i have not set up the dns in each ap that are bridged. thinking that the main router where i have hosted the dhcp server will be responsible for it.

is there any specific option available in the APs ?..

Hi,

Usually AP should be on the network side, but You connected SM to the network, DHCP request will not go to the network.

Try to enable this option on SM (or swap AP/SM roles):

Screenshot from 2019-01-14 17-03-25.png