ePMP1000

i will like cambium to incoperate this idaes into the ePMP1000 

• instead of reflection only the Mac address of the STA in d Access Point i will like them to create a field for the customer name and reflect what ever  customer name that is input in that field.
  • i will also like to see STA that are registered on an Access Point even if they are idle (Off) or in session
  • and lastly after identifing an STA in an Access Point i will like to access it from the Access point directly instead of using the ip address of that customer

thanks 

Gibrilla Fellah Kamara

Hi Gibrilla, 

• The newer ePMP software versions (2.1 and above) display the device name of the SM (STA) on the AP. In addition, it also displays the IP address assigned to that SM. 
  • Intresteing idea about displaying SMs that are idle. Can you please expand on this? Today, the SMs perform network entry and are always displayed on the AP even when there is no data, as long as they have management messages going back and forth. 
  • I suspect you are referring to the LUID type access on Canopy? If so, this is on our roadmap for ePMP. 

* Intresteing idea about displaying SMs that are idle. Can you please expand on this? Today, the SMs perform network entry and are always displayed on the AP even when there is no data, as long as they have management messages going back and forth. 

I'll also find this idea useful. Now, as you said, when the STA is not connected and thus no management messages floating, there is no evidence, if it was even in session or not (may be from syslog). What about keep the entry of the 'lost' STA in the session table, marked OFFLINE - last seen: YYYY-mm-dd hh:mm

I am also still missing manual date/time setting on the AP.