ePMP2000 - Stop passing data AP to SMs

Same problem in a customer, 3.4.1 in AP and 3.5.2 in SMs works, but when it will be solved? 3.5.5RC8 do not solve it.

Hi.  We haven't seen this issue at all, on none of our AP's.  I wondering what the difference is.  You are sure you are not just seeing legitimate DFS situations, correct?  Or situations where the GPS has lost lock for longer than your holdoff times?  Sorry if these possibilities have already been eliminated - I just wanted to double check. :) 

Here also is no problem with these firmware 3.4.1 AP and 3.5.2 SM.

Anyone know if this issue was resolved in version 3.5.5?

Yes, it seems to work with that, with the APs running at 3.4.1 and the SMs at 3.5.2. 

Hi everyone,

just had this issue after updating an AP and all its SMs to 3.5.5.

Never had this issue on this AP.

Anyone had the same issue on 3.5.5?

1 Like

We are also seeing this isue. We deployed two new ePMP2000 sectors two days ago with v3.5.5. We upgraded all SMs to match.

Does cambium have any info on this stilll being an issue?

ps. We are unable to roll back the firmware on the radios as one of them uses the newly opened frequency in the UK.

Just rolled back one AP to 3.4.1. We'll report back

@AlexTrevisol wrote:

Here also is no problem with these firmware 3.4.1 AP and 3.5.2 SM.

Anyone know if this issue was resolved in version 3.5.5?

So this issue is still ongoing... even with 3.5.5. It's very rare and hard to pin down. I'm only very rarely seeing it.

We have three sectors showing the same problem.

One of them has been upgraded to version 3.5.5, the failure continues the same.

We were seeing this problem it seems somewhere between 2.6.4 and later releases so we had to stay on 2.6.4 for a long time. Then finally , at least for us , 3.4.1 resolved it . When 3.5 came out the problem returned. Shame it it appears to be in the newest release also,  we really need that PPPoE fix it has.

So right now our AP's are all 3.4.1  and customer radios are 3.5  and I don't believe we have had this problem even once in the many months we have been running 3.4.1 on the APs.

Yes, 3.4.1 on the AP and it seems any of the versions on the SM are working.  We really need the features of 3.5.x as well, but unfortunately need a stable network more.  

The beta version 3.5.6-RC6 https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/epmp/beta has solved the this problem detected on three sectors.

2 Likes

True also up-graded to 3.5.5 and the problem still persists, we have one AP that we had not upgraded and it is still using 3.4.1 and it is stable no problems on that AP.

Many customers confirmed that 3.5.6 solved the problem. You just need to do an upgrade on all of the SMs and AP.