Epmp3000 Micro Pop Vs CnPilot E510

Hi, just a straight question.

Can I stick the Epmp3000 firmware onto a E510 Ap and end up having a epmp3000 micro PoP?

The reason I ask is beacuse my supplier doesn't have micropops in stock but they got tons of e510's.

Thanks guys.

Dimas

No.

3 Likes

If you are looking for workaround solutions; does this supplier have ePMP 3000L in-stock? An ePMP 3000L plus a third party omni antenna would be the alternative to MicroPoP instead of cnPilot.

Thank you, but look at the pictures please. I got just one and.....

Yes, the 3000mp comes with the e510 documentation in the box.  Seems suspicious, eh?

I'll try flashing the e510 software on my MP unit.  It's useless otherwise, since it doesn't have the ability to perform spectrum analysis.

great, please let me know how it goes.  Cheers.

@Jacob Turner wrote:

Yes, the 3000mp comes with the e510 documentation in the box.  Seems suspicious, eh?

I'll try flashing the e510 software on my MP unit.  It's useless otherwise, since it doesn't have the ability to perform spectrum analysis.

Jacob,

SA Tool will be introduced for ePMP MP3000 in the further FW releases.

Thank you.

If Cambium would have just not removed TDD AP mode from the 300 series SM's, then there would have been no need to do this MicroPop fiasco.  For example, a Force300csm would have already been an excellent non-GPS AP - connects right to horns or whatever antenna of your choice.  Ideally suited in low density areas with a dual frequency antenna, put up ePMP1000 @2.4 and Force300csm @ 5Ghz. If we could have simply used SM's in AP mode - just like the 1000 and 2000 series of SM's always have been.

BUT - when the 300 series arrived, Cambium limits the TDD AP mode to 1 client...TDD PTP mode.  But all they would have had to do was to not take away our TDD AP mode, and all would have been great.

But no - instead we now have this MP3000 fiasco.

4 Likes

While I like the form factor of the 3000 MP for some installations, the ability to use the 3k CSM as an AP would be completely awesome.  I would love to know what the decision making process looked like in not allowing that.  I'm sure it has to do with pushing more of the expensive (but otherwise the same) 3000L units.

@ninedd wrote:

If Cambium would have just not removed TDD AP mode from the 300 series SM's, then there would have been no need to do this MicroPop fiasco.  For example, a Force300csm would have already been an excellent non-GPS AP -

I'm in FCC land and my F300-CSMs can do PTMP TDD. I always assumed (never bothered to look it up) that the integrated radio/antennas were not certified/approved for PTMP in FCC land. Given that it has become clear that "cheap" is the 1st , 2nd and 3rd prioritiy at ePMP now (with actually ships with advertised features working a close 9th and actually even performs basic functions maybe tied for 4th with "has a pretty box") I also assumed it was because they didn't want to pay for it ? 

OK, so 2nd person saying 3k CSM can't be used as PTMP AP... am I not understanding the conversation ? It wouldn't be the first time as I am pretty easily confused and distracted. Not sure why it can't do flexible in TDD PTMP (can 3000/L do flex?).  I won't even pretend to know if it is a certification issue, a programming issue, a hardware can't handle it issue or a "because we can Muhahahahah!" issue.

@brubble1 wrote: I'm in FCC land and my F300-CSMs can do PTMP TDD.

That would be great! I'm running 4.5.4-RC7 and I only see ePTP (horribly broken) and TDD PTP - so, no PtMP that I can see on the 300csm sadly.

@brubble1 wrote:

Hmm.  That's a Force300csm?  Huh!?!  I'm have to load 4.4.3 and try that again. I absolutely do not see a standard Wi-Fi mode, nor a TDD PtMP mode on ours. 

It would be fantastic if I was configuring something incorrectly..

@ninedd wrote:

@brubble1 wrote:

Hmm.  That's a Force300csm?  Huh!?!  I'm have to load 4.4.3 and try that again.  I absolutely do not see a standard Wi-Fi mode, nor a TDD mode on ours. 

It would be fantastic if I was configuring something incorrectly, my apologies to Cambium if that's the situation

Neither Standard Wi-Fi nor TDD PMP is available on F300CSM today.

It's not a configuration issue.

It's supposed ePMP3000L or ePMP3000MP should be used in the AP role.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Why ?  I have no desire to use the 300CSM as an AP but I'm curious.

The f300cms with 4.1-rc002  I just took off the shelf does not have the options but when upgraded to 4.4.3 it does.

However if you try to save it won't save, it acts like it's going to but then it just defaults to TDD PTP.  So, sorry, no 300csm AP. 

@brubble1 wrote:

Thank you.

Why ?  I have no desire to use the 300CSM as an AP but I'm curious.

We've used Force180 on multiple occasions as a small PtMP AP, e.g. at the office of a storage unit facility aiming down the lane between the ends of all the buildings.  So if Force300 won't do that we are going to have problems in the future.  Very disappointing.

j

1 Like

We've used Force180 on multiple occasions as a small PtMP AP, e.g. at the office of a storage unit facility aiming down the lane between the ends of all the buildings.  So if Force300 won't do that we are going to have problems in the future.  Very disappointing.

With the pandemic we stopped allowing employees to enter customers homes. As a temp solution I have set up 100's of old Ubiquiti nanostaion M2's as WiFi AP's .  So installs for now are  outside power --> Ubiquiti WiFi AP pointing into house ---> ePMP radio (the Ubiquiti powers the ePMP).  I also set up a few 2.4Ghz ePMP integrated radios the same way but mostly used the Ubiquitis because I have several huge tubs full of them and because they are smaller/lighter and seem to work better as plain old 802.11g WiFi than the ePMP.

For all of Ubiquities shortcomings we just keep finding uses for those things... I don't think the same is going to be true for the ePMP radios as Cambium seems to really miss the days of the Canopy radios where the only difference between the $1,600 AP and the $300 CPE was the firmware locking out the optioin to be an AP.

1 Like

Hi @Fedor do you know if the SA tool has been introduced yet to the MP3000 micropop?

The SA tool has been implemented on the MP3000. It will disconnect stations while running, like the old 1k/2k SA, but is browser based and requires no icky java.

2 Likes