Error. Unpack failed - damaged or wrong package format.

Hello, same problem here  of other users:

Error. Unpack failed - damaged or wrong package format.

Epmp 1000 connectorized in AP Mode (Non Synchronized) with FW2.3.

Same problem with other packages as 2.2, 2.3.3, etc..

Anyone knows the solutions?

Many thanks.

Sorry it should be NON-Sync software.

Hi Mario, 

The file you download from our website, https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/epmp you should be able to upload to the ePMP NON-GPS unit. (AP) There is no need to un-zip or un-tar a file before you upload the file to the ePMP AP. The radio will take the " XXX.tar.gz" file as a whole and upgrade the radio.

Please make sure  that the downloaded file extension is .tar.gz and try to upload using Chrome or FireFox and see if that helps. 

1 Like

Hi,

with the same package I regularly update other radios.

It's not a problem of the file, it's a specific problem of the radio.

Many thanks. 

Hello Mario,

Have you attempted to reboot the radio prior to upgrading?

It may be useful if you could capture syslog after a failed upgrade attempt. Please make sure to enable all types of syslog notifications under Configuration->System (see attachment) prior to attempting to reproduce the problem.

Regards,

Luis

I had too that problem. After a while the radio hangs and it stop responding. RMA.

I noticed in the Syslog this message after ther the failed upgrade:

Jun  4 12:52:36 Cambium-Device kernel: Out of memory: kill process 12880 (snmpd) score 92 or a child
Jun  4 12:52:36 Cambium-Device kernel: Out of memory: kill process 12880 (snmpd) score 92 or a child
Jun  4 12:52:36 Cambium-Device kernel: Killed process 12881 (tar)

Many thanks. 

Mario,

Seems like the upgrade could be failing due to not enough free memory.

Could you try rebooting the device and performing the upgrade right after it comes back from the reboot?

If this does not allow you to do an upgrade, please contact Cambium support team for additional assistance.

Regards,

Luis

tenia exactamente el mismo problema, asi que cargue el paquete sin descomprimir y actualizo exitosamente. saludos cordiales desde peru