Ethernet port disabled - Cannot access locally

We have some SM’s that have had their ethernet port disabled. We are not aware what is the radio side of the setup therefore cannot associate them with one of our AP’s and access them through Remote Subscribers.

These SM’s are firmware 8.x and the default plug does not seem to work.

We have about 11 of these SM’s and would really like to use them for more than paperweights.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Well if you know what freq they are on, put up and extra AP, power up the SM’s and try to log in remotely.

As I stated earlier we do not have access to the SM’s and we are not aware of any programming information (freq, color codes, etc).

Thanks.

The default plug should get you access unless the radio is broken. Make sure you’ve got a bridge between pins 4 and 6 and then apply power with the plug in. You should be able to access the radio on 169.254.1.1/16. It will either let you see the old config, or act as if it’s never had a config, depending on the setting in the radio.

Either way, you should be able to get into it…

I will attempt that Monday. Is it true that starting with ver 8.x default plug override is disabled by default.

Thanks.

musctech wrote:
I will attempt that Monday. Is it true that starting with ver 8.x default plug override is disabled by default.

There is *no* setting which will override a default plug. The setting simply switches between "keep most of the settings in the radio" and "reset to factory defaults". This permits ISP's to set the SM's such that if a default plug is used, all of the settings are reset and a knowledgeable customer can't use a default plug to gain access to all of the settings - instead the settings are wiped clean.