EX2028-P fan noise

Hi.

We are thinking about installing EX2028-P into some offices and other locations that noise is important. When we powered up EX2028-P, we noticed that it is loud even there is no traffic or PoE device on it.
Is there any way to turn fans down, if there is no need for them?

Kind regards

This is a great question, because it's something we are already planning.  However we don't have an estimate of when this feature will be available.  Basically,  we will allow the user to put the switch in a mode where the PoE out is limited and the fans will be turned off.

John

That's great! Do you already have an idea how much will you limit PoE, how much we could use it and fans won't get turned on?

Just trying to build a picture how much clients we can expect to use PoE/PoE+ without fans.

Kind reagrds

We have not done the detailed investigation work yet, so I can't really answer the question now.   I'm estimating somewhere around 80-100W.    

1 Like

Hi.

Any progress here?

Kind regards

Hi Anez,

Sorry, but no progress on this feature. It’s still on our list, and just reviewed it last week. Just hasn’t found a home yet on our roadmap.

I appreciate your note as this lets us know it is still needed.

Thank you,
John

Thank you for update. Although, sorry to hear these kind of news.

Your direct competition is fanless Cisco C1000. I would rather deploy all Cambium equipment, but with those fans running so loudly, there is only one way to go for us…

Kind regards

Thanks Anez,

We are torn between our 4.1 release (June) and our 4.2 release (October). Sorry that I can’t be more specific.

John

Hi.

Was this feature released, we would still need it :slight_smile:

Kind regards

After full analysis, we have found that we would have to drop the PoE power budget too low while turning off the fans. Because of this, we’ve decided to not to implement this capability. Sorry that the fan noise on the EX20208-P is causing an issue for you.