Flat reflector dish for 5.7

Is anyone aware of a flat Reflector dish for 5.7 Canopy SMs? We aren’t allowed to have exposed dishes at one of our installs, so the unit either needs to be a flat panel, or small enough to fit into a (small) plastic enclosure (which is what we are doing now - I’m using a 14" grid reflector from Electrocomm). The problem is, the unit we are using doesn’t have enough gain, and the signal is borderline (we need a reflector, or something w/ higher gain).

Any suggestions?

natek wrote:
Is anyone aware of a flat Reflector dish for 5.7 Canopy SMs? We aren't allowed to have exposed dishes at one of our installs, so the unit either needs to be a flat panel, or small enough to fit into a (small) plastic enclosure (which is what we are doing now - I'm using a 14" grid reflector from Electrocomm). The problem is, the unit we are using doesn't have enough gain, and the signal is borderline (we need a reflector, or something w/ higher gain).

Any suggestions?

Change the SM to a SM 5.7 Conectorized.
Gabriel Electronics had some and Andrew have 28dbi panels.
The panels are about 24 x 24 "
MTI ( From Israel) has a smaller unit, about 13 inches square but the gain is only 23dbi. Note, they will relabel the antennas to something else.
Hope this helps

how far are you away from the POP… can you get away with a Stinger ?

Do all SM’s work as connectorized? I seem to remember opening one up, and it didn’t have a connector in it… Is there a quick set of instructions on how to make it connectorized?

As for the stinger, that provides 10db of gain… The reflector dish (grid) that I’m using now provides 14db… So, basically I need something that provides more than 14db of gain (the connection works right now, but drops out whenever its raining, etc).

Motorola Canopy part number 5701SMC has a “N” Male connector.