For people who know Martin Keding - CTCA.info Instructor

For those of you who have known Martin Keding (one of CTCA.info’s instructors) and know that he has been dealing (sometimes poorly) with a degenerating kidney for several years (no, his skin-tone is not normally light-beige to light yellow). Well, today’s email is cause for hope and joy, as well as care and concern.

Last night, just before midnight, the Kedings got the call that a suitable donor kidney had been found for a replacement for Martin’s dying one. Shortly after the call (barely over an hour later) Martin and his wife met an air ambulance at the Winnipeg, Manitoba, airport to take them to London, Ontario – the site of the transplant hospital.

By 6:00 a.m. this morning, Martin had gotten blood-work, admittance-work, and room assignment and was able to grab a couple hours of sleep before they started-up with him again on the morning-shift. Later this morning there was a 2-hour delay called to make sure they had all the team-members for the surgery team called-in…so by 1 or 2 p.m. (EDT) he should be rolled-into the surgery pavilion for the beginning of the 6-8 hour procedure.

I am sending out this email because I’m sure that Martin would appreciate any prayers, good-wishes, and thoughts that you might have for him. He, himself, would never request that kind of support – his focus is usually placed on others – but “I” will make that request for him in his absence.

This is a time for high-anxiety as well as high-hopes – and Sarah, his wife, would also benefit from any prayers, good-wishes, etc. that you might have for her as well. It was tough for both of them to have to leave their 4 boys literally in the middle of the night to meet the air ambulance…so there are multiple levels of emotional care/concern here.

He will have 10 days of in-hospital recovery and 3-weeks of near-hospital out-patient recovery visits before he can return home. I have hospital contact information for those who would want it.

THIS WILL BE A ONE-TIME MAILING
This email was to just request your prayers, good-thoughts and wishes for Martin and to let you know he “got the call”. There will be no further emails unless you wish to keep-up with the occasional news.

If you want to keep-up, please post-back on this topic and I will update as I find out more.

Sarah will be the contact point for now and I will find out more later today.

Thank you for your time/effort/thoughts/energy in reading this email…

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PASS THIS ON TO ANYONE YOU THINK WOULD KNOW MARTIN AND WANT TO KNOW THIS INFORMATION

Charles T. Cranford
CTCA.info

I typed in the wrong organ!!!

Should be “liver” transplant…

Thanks for the post Charles.

My best wishes for a successful transplant and speedy recovery!!!

Indeed… Best wishes from Colorado to Martin!

Brian Brakke
LP Broadband, Inc.