Force 110 PTP: Frequency Reuse?

Hello,

is it possible to do frequency reuse using Force 110 PTP with links in different directions?

Which are the drawbacks of this solution?

ePTP is very good but sometimes you need to save precious spectrum, and syncronize also between PTP and PTMP would be a great advantage.

Hi,

Yes, you can do Frequency Reuse with every ePMP unit with GPS chip.

You should keep Subscriber Module Target Receive Level in range -60 - -80 dBm to avoid secondary interference between SMs from one sector to AP from other sector.

Thank you.

2 Likes

-60 - -80 is the same range you have to be into using a point to point link?
Is there something I can do to decrease the latency in TDD PTP with GPS Sync and fixed frame? Using 2.5ms time frame I can reduce the latency a little bit, but for a PTP link I would like something less.

Yes, -60 - -80 dBm should be configured both PMP(Sector) and PTP link.

Yes, you are correct, you should use 2.5 ms frame duration.

Also please configure Max Range to minimum possible value.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi guiseppe4, 

One of the ingredients that helps with frequency reuse is that the AP's antenna provides a good Front/Back Ratio, i.e > 30 dB. The Force 110 PTP dishes do NOT have > 30 dB F/B ratio. What this means is that when you have two PTP links back to back, you may not be able to achieve MCS15 modulation. Only the Cambium sector antennas provide an F/B ratio of > 30 dB. One way to "create" F/B isolation is to have physical obstructions between the two APs. For example, you can install these links on opposite sides of a water tank or a building, etc. 

Thanks,

Sriram

2 Likes

Hi Sriram,

thank you for your message!

Do you think I can achieve MCS15 if I create more PTP links in differents directions that are not exactly Front to Back?

I would like to have both frequency reuse and sync with APs I have.

@giuseppe4 wrote:

Do you think I can achieve MCS15 if I create more PTP links in differents directions that are not exactly Front to Back?

I would like to have both frequency reuse and sync with APs I have.

Installing these PtP links back to back (180deg apart) is the best way to ensure both that frequency reuse will work, and that you'll have the highest MCS rates. That being said, if you use high gain dishes (like a 2 or 3' dish) with excellent F/B characteristics, and you use connectorized GPS enabled radios, you might be able to get away with not having them 180deg apart. We're doing this at a site, and we're using back to back frequeny reuse, but the radios are only 90deg apart.

2 Likes