force 180 reboot several times a day

the device (firm 3.5.5) restarted several times a day (8-12) update to 4.4 but it continues to restart
Change cable and rj45. The cable length is 40 meters. power original 30v 0.5 amp.
Any ideas ??

Session Drops
0 sessions

Total Device Reboots
2 times

Soft Device Reboots
0 times

Hard Device Reboots

Hi. If I was you, it’d run one of only these two choices as firmwares.

3.5.6 if the AP and all SM’s on it are all 1000/2000 series (all 11n) and ALL running 3.5.6 (no mix-match firmware)

or

4.4.1-RC5 if the AP or if ANY clients are 11AC or MixedMode - then 100% 4.4.1-RC5

So 3.5.6 if its 100% 11n
or 4.4.1-RC5 if there is any 11AC2

AND again, no mixed firmwares… the AP and ALL her SMs should all be the same firmware.

Of course there can be other reasons (including hardware, power, cable, etc) but being on 3.5.6 or 4.4.1-RC5 should help ensure the reason isn’t a known firmware issue.

We had 1 force 180 that was doing this. It started after we upgraded it from 3.5  to 3.5.6 (we had just recently started using 3.5.6).   I think I tried downgrading to 3.5... seems like it wouldn't let me but I may be remembering a different radio/problem on that.  Anyway, I ended up upgrading it to 4.4 (only thing available at that time) and even though the AP is 3.4.1 it's working fine and not rebooting anymore.

Hi,

Just to check if it is software related or hardware related you can send me tech support dump file at dmitry.moiseev@cambiumnetworks.com

Thanks,

Dmitry

dmitry, 

How do I send what you ask?

Defective RJ45

May want to check that topic out.

Pretty sure that's just a F200 , F190, F300-25 thing and it appears that is just how they are and all new ones coming in still have the curled pins. 

We have yet to see an AP,  Connectorized CPE, F180 or F300-16 with the curled pins.

1 Like

@brubble1 wrote:

Pretty sure that's just a F200 , F190, F300-25 thing and it appears that is just how they are and all new ones coming in still have the curled pins. 

That's right...my mistake. 

@CWB wrote:

Defective RJ45

May want to check that topic out.

Sorry for being a noob on this - I've looked at the photos, and I'm not really clear on what 'curled' vs 'straight' I'm looking at.  It's probably just the perspective on the photo (or probably just the idiot that is me...) but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be seeing in those photos. :) 

Just get a ePMP horn type radio and any other device in the solar system with an ethernet port (say a F180 or F300 or whatever) take a real good look at the pins in the port.  You will see that on all the other devices the pins run from the bottom front of the port to the top back of the port like  /   only more of an angle.  The pins in the ePMP horn type radios do not do that, instead look like they do in the picture, a little arch or curl.  

All ePMP horn type radios made in the last year and half or so have the curled pins while none of the other radios or, as far as I have ever run across, any other device in the known solar system (if the mars rover has any Ethernet ports, I'm betting they don't have curled pins in them).

At first ePMP insisted the pins were a defect and to RMA them  Cambium did not make a conscious change and we have strict control over the design."   yet here we are.

We've had issues with a small number of 180s with bad ethernet ports.  Wiggling the connector would cause the radios to reboot.  Physically inspecting the connectors they looked fine and they were not the "currled" type.  Ultimatly I've chalked it up to either a manufacturing defect or an installer doing something bad/violent to the cable/port during install.