Force 190 Loses frequencies from scan list after updating from 3.3 - 3.5

So we got some force 190's in and I we always upgrade them to newest stable release. I noticed that they came packaged with 3.3 and we have all our ePMP gear at 3.5. After upgrading and setting up a SM, I realized at the install that the SM did not see the AP's at the site we were trying to come off. After looking a little further, I noticed that the 1st pic I attached shows all the frequencies in scan frequency list with 3.3, but after update to 3.5, there almost all gone.....

I never had this issue with any of the Force 200's

Are there any answers to this equation???

1 Like

Hi,

We are still working on DFS channels support on Force190.

ETSI DFS support will be delivered in 3.5.1 Release and FCC DFS support will be added next.

Sorry for inconveniences.

Thank you.

1 Like

The current release for 3.5.1 does not resolve this. The 190 will not let me downgrade these lower than 3.4 and at 3.4 they have the same issue.

yes we just discovered the same issue after installing a new customer, not good.

@CambiumMatt. Why has cambium released a SM that’s not able to work on DFS for ePMP this is really disappointing. Can we get a fairly firm ETA? If not I’m going to have to RMA 60 of these as 75% of our network is on DFS…

@matkix wrote:
@CambiumMatt. Why has cambium released a SM that’s not able to work on DFS for ePMP this is really disappointing. Can we get a fairly firm ETA? If not I’m going to have to RMA 60 of these as 75% of our network is on DFS...

Hello,

We are working right now to get it done.

As it was mentioned before ETSI DFS has been added in 3.5.1 Release.

And today we expect to get FCC DFS delivered in 3.5.2 Release.

Sorry for inconveniences caused.

Thank you.

1 Like

Wow, I just ran into this and opened a ticket before I found this.

I am switching a network to Cambium - partially because of problems with firmware updates not working from the other vendor.

It is completely irresponsible to relase a new device with incomplete capabilities.

Please make it work first - to the complete specs of ePMP, before you release to a market.

This could cause extream damage to your customers networks.

Cambium is expected to be better than this!

BTW - The DFS worked in 3.3, so even this explanation doesn't make sense!

3.5.2 Beta FW is comming soon with FCC DFS channels support for Force 190.

Thank you.

So I see the new 3.5 Beta release and not a single note about resolving the 190's DFS issues, is this included in the release or should I wheel these 190's to the dumpster to free up some shelf space?

Hi,

Certification process was not fully completed when Beta has been posted. Unfortunately it means that FCC DFS channels support will be introduced in few weeks in official 3.5.2 FW.

Thank you.

So is this fixed now in any firmware?

I can't even say how irresponsible this is to release a product without DFS in a DFS world. We literaly, today, drove back to a tower site to verify tower opeation after trying to get a customer hooked up after upgrading to the latest firmware for our new 190's at a new site running DFS. I guess we got lucky in that we hadn't upgrading the first customer on that tower and didn't realize the monumental Eff up from Cambium on this matter. Glad we aren't alone.

Is there any updates on this i was wanting to do a short PTP with the force 190 in dfs band

Hi,

We’re going to the FCC mid this month for the audit. If all goes well and it should, we’ll open up DFS bands for F190 in an August release. Hopefully earlier if the FCC paperwork gets done quicker than usual.

Sorry for this delay.

Sriram

Hi all,

3.5.5 Beta Firmware with FCC DFS support for Force 190 has been posted.

https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/epmp/beta

Thank you.