Force 200 dish replacements

We’ve somehow ended up with a surplus of Force 200 feed horns with no dishes. Always good to have a couple on hand for replacements but seems like I have a hoarder. Is there a source for just the F200 dish?

How does that happen? We’re the opposite. Too many dishes and not enough feedhorns due to lightning taking some horns out ha.

1 Like

I asked the same question, LOL. 2 were from “crushed” dishes from falling trees during an ice storm. One appears just disappeared and the the other 2 may have accidentally gotten into storage. I’ve seen new horns on Ebayl, but alas, no dishes. I guess I can consider them a stash for future replacements.

Had the same problem with Ubiquiti dishes back in the day but they started selling just the horns.

So many useless F200 dishes. They’re like tribbles, they just kind of start piling up. Probably threw 100+ away over the years but they still pile up. Someone needs to come up with a kit to convert them into birdbaths or something !

1 Like

Yes, sure would have been nice if a 300 feedhorn upgrade could have gone in a 200 dish/mount.

2 Likes

+1 on that. Not that the F200 setup was perfect but liked it a lot better than the F300 and the fact you could swap 2.4 and 5ghz feedhorns was handy.

1 Like

Yes - plus it would be nice for someone like @brubble1 who had 100+ dishes, mounts, brackets… it’d be great to be able to order 100+ F300-25 just feedhorns and ship just feedhorns, and that’d probably be 1/2 the cost to upgrade.

I mean - I realize that they needed to redesign the F300 to make it easier or cheaper or something. I get that progress is still needed – but seems like among the design criteria, “backwards compatible feedhorn” could have been somewhere on that whiteboard design list.

1 Like

Can’t wait for the 400 series radios ! I’m dying to know if it’s possible to make LED’s so dim that they actually suck in the light around them.

2 Likes

LOL. No no, I’m pleased to report that the LED’s on the F400’s nearly burned a hole clear through my skull. Cambium heard us on that, loudly and clearly.

1 Like

Sweet! I look forward to complaining about how much power the super bright laser lights draw or maybe about how I fell off the roof because all I could see was spots after looking at the radio… or maybe the bright lights attract bees !

2 Likes

Hi, whereabouts in the world are you, id be interested in some spare dishes, if you have them piling up?

Knowing the Cambium business policy there is none of that!

If you happen to look on a certain site whose name rhymes with AMSCRAY I’ve noticed feed horns showing up there fairly regularly lately for some reason. Alas, no dishes.

That made me laugh. Strangely, my neighbor who is older was smoking on his porch, noticed strange alien lights flashing from another neighbors porch a block or so away. His curiosity overcame him so he had to walk over and check it out. It was the LEDs from the F200 we had installed the day before. Ironic since I can’t seem them with my face an inch away, LOL

What was he smoking exactly…

1 Like