Force 200 restart.

Hello, How can reason a force 200 has restarted, have a ptp the slave side restarted for no apparent reason, is connected to the uninterruptible power supply and had no energy shortage problems, Also I checked the crashlog and it is empty, the problem occurred after 21 days of operation by this link. I had a similar case with force 200 but the other generates crashlog with errors and cambium recommended replacement.

Are you using ePTP mode? Are you using firmware release 3.0 or lower?

Yes, firmware 3.0 ePTP mode.

Try using TDD-PTP mode OR try the newest release, 3.0.1. One of these will most likely solve this issue.

1 Like

Hello,

I update to version 3.01 but not this hardware to what I mentioned in this post was in another ptp where only met a client and had many daily restarts, the the link data is channel 5885 ePTP mode 10Mhz 14 km between the client and the tower -73 signal SNR 27 db. After upgrading the reboots were drastically reduced, we spent a day did the second test switching to PTP TDD and so far not presented more problems. In this situation sometimes presents several errors in crashlog, which was sent to cambium and recommended replacement of the force 200. The problem happens only on the side where this set Slave mode. I will monitor another days and put here the state of the link.

Hi,

i've the same reboot problem in a PtP link.

I'm using Force 200 in ePTP mode and firmware 2.6.2.1.

The problem occurs when thr throughput is very high.

Is there a solution for this problem?

Regards.

@vrega wrote:

Hi,

i've the same reboot problem in a PtP link.

I'm using Force 200 in ePTP mode and firmware 2.6.2.1.

The problem occurs when thr throughput is very high.

Is there a solution for this problem?

Regards.

Hey vrega, as I mentioned earlier... try using TDD-PTP mode OR update to firmware 3.0.1... either one of those should solve your problem.

1 Like

I am afraid FW 3.0.1 does not solve this issue. In ePTP mode still have disconnects in our Force 200 links. Our customers reports same troubles. There is not this trouble in TDD mode but we need to use ePTP (for low latency).

Hi,

Could you please check whether crashlog is saved on device.

Please use next command in CLI:

debug crashlog

Thank you.