Force 300 questions

When it comes to backhauls, the majority of links are not fixed frame or sync'ed.  I don't know why we wouldn't get ePTP mode for a product that's (currently) PTP only.

I'm not too concerned about the latency, but why not use all of the resources of the hardware to our advantage?

As Vuacheslav asked, here's ping with ePTP on Force 200 and PTP TDD on Force 300 using packet size 1470 bytes.

ePTP on Force 200 is still far better.

About ~20Mbps traffic is passing through both links, so a little bit load situation.

Please, Cambium, don't ignore our need of and ePTP Mode to have a low latency.

PTP TDD Force 300

ePTP Force 200

I suppose ePTP mode uses variable frame size, like wifi but with packet error rate control ( ePMP link adaptation).   It allow to see low RTT  ( two way delay/ latency) under not big traffic. Under heavy traffic there will  not be big difference in RTT  beetween 1) ePTP mode with flexible frame size and flexible UL/DL  ratio and 2) flexible UL/DL ratio  with fixed frame 2.5 ms.

So there are 3  ways to reduce RTT delay :

1) ePTP mode -flexible frame size and flexible UL/DL

2) fixed frame size 2.5 ms with flexible UL/DL

3) fixed frame size 2.5 ms with fixed UL/DL =15/85.

All of them will give almost equal RTT delay under high traffic load.

So at least one of these ways should be implemented in Force 300, PTP550 ptp link. It will allow to get  low 3-4 ms stable RTT delay in channel  under high traffic load.

Also 4) fixed frame size 5 ms with flexible UL/DL will allow to reduce  two way delay from current avg 6-7ms to  avg 4-5 ms.  Cambium promises to make this 4) mode soon at least for Force 300. But it will be efficient  and should be done  also for PTP550.

How to achive  stable delay  ( ping RTT) below  4-5 ms with high (95%  of channel capacity)  traffic  load  ( as competitors have)  is another separate  and very important  task, that also should be solved. Now we see delay and jitter growth when traffic load is increasing  espesially under impact of interference.

Any news from Cambium about Force 300 latency in PTP?

Seriously folks... can you wait just a bit longer for the dev's to figure out how to squeeze another few ms of latency reduction out of THE LOWEST priced bp/Hz Cambium PtP @ $340 total price!? Look at the big picture here... there's a lot of projects going on, ePMP 3000 is top priority, there's limited dev time... if you so desperately need a few ms better latency, limp along with F200's for a bit longer or shell out a bit more for PTP450 or 670 in the interim. This is THE least expensive introductory product being made in this category by Cambium. What do you guys expect!? How long did it take for UBNT to have the feature set they have today after first AC release!? HINT... It's been YEARS of development and a few generations of radio equipment! This is a diamond in the rough, give these guys some time and support, I know they need it!

1 Like

ok.. pero no deberian lanzar al mercado un producto como bueno.. y sin terminar de desarrollar. al menos un funcionamiento básico estable.