Force 425 PTP - Bridging Issues?

Hello All,

I’ve recently started changing over to Cambium from Ubiquiti and thought I would start with a simple bridged PTP. I set up the link on the ground and then installed them with direct line of sight, about 4 miles. They connected at -50 and seem to have a great connection, however, as soon as these are online (and the other link is obviously off), I lose connection to the radios. Then different pages won’t load or even local subnets, then they will again out of nowhere.

This is just a bridged link and the vlan is off. Maybe I haven’t configured something wrong, but I can’t see what that might be. Any help is very appreciated and happy to be here starting to use Cambium.

1 Like

Hello @James_Hindley ,

do share the radio configurations.

Sincerely yours,

Niragira Olympe

1 Like

Hello,

I have attached the config for the AP side of the PTP link. I will have to get the other side tonight when I can remotely turn it on and get it.

I’ve removed the attachment as it contained potentially sensitive information (wirelessInterfaceEncryptionKey, wirelessRadiusPassword, snmpReadWriteCommunity etc.)

Thank you, I appreciate that but I’m not sure there was really anything of value in there as this is just testing and I’ll be changing things after. I’ve removed those things and here is the config again.
Nuxalk PTP Force 425 - NES.txt (7.4 KB)

1 Like

Hello Mr. @James_Hindley ,

can you just send radio configurations as below screenshot:

Sincerely yours,

Niragira Olympe

(That’s the Canopy (PMP) user interface, but @James_Hindley has an ePMP device, so the configuration will look different)

Hello Mr. @Simon_King ,

my mistake.

Mr. @James_Hindley can share the configurations as below:

Sincerely yours,

Niragira Olympe

1 Like

Generally it sounds like some routing/switching issue in the network.
There is access to the radios without traffic and no access to the radios when the traffic is diverted through radios. Am I right?
I think we have to look inside network configuration of the radios and network topology along with vlans and IP addresses .

Hello Andrii and others, sorry I have been busy with some other tasks and haven’t been able to get back on here.

I don’t want to get into the network part too much, it’s mostly a bridged network and the Ubiquiti PTP we have in place is just acting a bridge as well, and that’s all I’m trying to replicate with the Cambium link. Things just go completely squirelly (very technical term) when the Cambium ones are providing the PTP link.

So a few suggestions… 1. make absolutely sure that the mgmt IP’s you’re using for the radios are unique and not being used on any other devices on the same network 2. Maybe try increasing both radio’s MTUs to the maximum of 1700. 3. If you isolate the link from the rest of your network, e.g. connect a laptop to the LAN on one side of the link and a laptop the LAN on the other side of the link can you easily and reliably transfer data between the two laptops?

1 Like

Only thing that comes to mind is something like spanning tree if you are bridging 2 L2 segments together.
Don’t remember anything fancy on the 425’s to make em work though most of my links are all L3.

As Eric pointed out, try setting up a laptop on one side, make sure your network ports of your switches are in access mode since you haven’t configured the management vlan. and see if you can “talk” across the bridge.
Make sure that your radio IPs are absolutely unique, even if your replacing a UBNT link, ARP timeouts can cause you to look for problems that just dont exist!

Other thing to look at is setting your tdd mode to tdd-ptp, its semantics but makes sure your AP radio doesnt accept any other SM than what its supposed to.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.