Forcing P8 boards to HW Scheduling

Is there a way to force a P8 board to HW scheduling? Jar Tool?

By the way there is.

Please share: :smiley:

Use the Scheduling plug in for CNUT.

It goes through the AP and configures all of the SM’s to HW and reboots them, and the switches the AP to HW mode and reboots it.

It knows how many SM’s there were before, and checks that they all come back up after. If one SM does not come back it will alert you.

You need Advantage AP’s to do this.

I don’t know if you can use it to switch an SM by itself. Seems like you should be able to though.

Jerry Richardson wrote:

You need Advantage AP's to do this.

Actually you don't need an Advantage AP. Classic AP with firmware 7.3.6 can work in HW mode but you don't get the 2X speed and lower latency.
Jerry Richardson wrote:

I don't know if you can use it to switch an SM by itself. Seems like you should be able to though.

I'm not sure about this one too (havn't got time to test it) but it would be very useful in case where one SM is lost after the switch and it cannot reconnect by itself to the AP and if the recovery lost SMs fails there's nothing more to do but roll the truck. The old P8 Canopys don't have the SW/HW option on the WebGUI so if you wouldn't be able to switch it with CNUT to HW only thing left is to change the SM with a new one.