Free Yagi antennas for WISP

Check this out, 17 dbi 900-928 MHz Yagi antennas. Out perform other antennas, and free sample, two year limited warranty. Here is the link:

http://www.zdacomm.com/en/products/900/yg_928_17.htm – for 17 dbi Yagi
http://www.zdacomm.com/en/products/900/yg_928_14.htm – for 14 dbi Yagi

For free sample, please contact us at
robert@zdacomm.com
Or call (803)608-4122

Where does it say there is a free sample? Do you work for this company?

yea i dont see any free sample either

we tried these antenna a while back and they didnt seem to perform near as well as the m2 or kpperformance 17db or 14db. they actually got worse power levels several times than the integrated flat panels.

TheMaskedMan wrote:
Do you work for this company?

Judging by his sig that would be a yes.
nucoles wrote:
we tried these antenna a while back and they didnt seem to perform near as well as the m2 or kpperformance 17db or 14db. they actually got worse power levels several times than the integrated flat panels.

Ryan,

I don't know where you bought our antennas, we actually haven't started to sell these 900-928 Antennas yet. That is why we are offering free samples for qualified customers. It might be possible that you bought our antennas at frequency from 806-960 MHz, which may not performed well in the frequency range of 900-928 MHz.

I will send you a free sample of our 900-928 MHz Yagi. After you test this sample, if it does not meet your requirements, or if it is as you described not near the performance of M2 or KP performance, Please then defame us as you wish. If it does perform well, I hope you will correct and give us positive feedback.
Robert29229 wrote:
[quote="nucoles":1e438mu6]we tried these antenna a while back and they didnt seem to perform near as well as the m2 or kpperformance 17db or 14db. they actually got worse power levels several times than the integrated flat panels.

Ryan,

I don't know where you bought our antennas, we actually haven't started to sell these 900-928 Antennas yet. That is why we are offering free samples for qualified customers. It might be possible that you bought our antennas at frequency from 806-960 MHz, which may not performed well in the frequency range of 900-928 MHz.

I will send you a free sample of our 900-928 MHz Yagi. After you test this sample, if it does not meet your requirements, or if it is as you described not near the performance of M2 or KP performance, Please then defame us as you wish. If it does perform well, I hope you will correct and give us positive feedback.[/quote:1e438mu6]

Ryan and I work together, so I happen to have both the (newer) 14 & 17 dBi yagi's that you are referring to right next to me. The build quality and mount are excellent, not to mention the light weight, but unfortunately in our testing they [u:1e438mu6]did not[/u:1e438mu6] outperform the M2.
jwelch wrote:
[quote="Robert29229":1f8s66ut][quote="nucoles":1f8s66ut]we tried these antenna a while back and they didnt seem to perform near as well as the m2 or kpperformance 17db or 14db. they actually got worse power levels several times than the integrated flat panels.

Ryan,

I will send you a free sample of our 900-928 MHz Yagi. After you test this sample, if it does not meet your requirements, or if it is as you described not near the performance of M2 or KP performance, Please then defame us as you wish. If it does perform well, I hope you will correct and give us positive feedback.[/quote:1f8s66ut]

Ryan and I work together, so I happen to have both the (newer) 14 & 17 dBi yagi's that you are referring to right next to me. The build quality and mount are excellent, not to mention the light weight, but unfortunately in our testing they [u:1f8s66ut]did not[/u:1f8s66ut] outperform the M2.[/quote:1f8s66ut]

Thank you for give us fair feedback on build quality, mount and light weight. But we pretty sure the antennas you tested, may be the other Yagi antennas with frequency range at 806-960 MHz, which used mainly by in-building-wireless coverage. As soon as you test our new sample(not in the market yet), I believe you will like the performance as well as the quality.
jwelch wrote:

Judging by his sig that would be a yes.

His signature was added after the original post.
Robert29229 wrote:

Thank you for give us fair feedback on build quality, mount and light weight. But we pretty sure the antennas you tested, may be the other Yagi antennas with frequency range at 806-960 MHz, which used mainly by in-building-wireless coverage. As soon as you test our new sample(not in the market yet), I believe you will like the performance as well as the quality.

As I previously stated we have the new yagis. Excuse the pic since it's from my iPhone.

jwelch wrote:
[quote="Robert29229":22aqtspi]

As I previously stated we have the new yagis. Excuse the pic since it's from my iPhone.

[/quote:22aqtspi]

We need to make sure we are talking about the same antennas. I don't want to deny that you might purchased our antennas. But we make more than hundred of kinds Yagi antennas.

The new one, is only about 35" long for 14" and 72" long for 17 dbi (two pieces design as M2), there is no plastic cap on the element. Look from the picture, you have the plastic cap on the element. So I quite sure, we are not talking about the same antenna. As I said, we will send you the free sample, you can compare it with quality, strength, mount, and performance. If we are not confident with product quality and perfromance, we wouldn't send out free samples, and would not warranty it for two years.

The two yagis we have feature the same model #'s that are linked in your original post. The 17dBi antenna is not two-piece, nor does it appear to be a two-piece design in the link that you posted.

The 14 is ~51" long and the 17 is 58". We received them a couple of months ago from Altius, so maybe we received some sort of prototypes.

The antennas that were sent to us were from Altius Communications.
They had told us that these antennas had just completed testing and they sent us couple to try out. The model numbers exactly match the antennas from the website on both the 14 and 17 db, 900-928mhz yagi.

jwelch wrote:
The two yagis we have feature the same model #'s that are linked in your original post. The 17dBi antenna is not two-piece, nor does it appear to be a two-piece design in the link that you posted.

The 14 is ~51" long and the 17 is 58". We received them a couple of months ago from Altius, so maybe we received some sort of prototypes.

Glad that we clarified what we are talking about different antennas.

Will you please send me your address to me at my email. robert@zdacomm.com, I will send you a free sample for your to evaluations. but if you like it, you will have to buy from Altius, because they are our exclusive distributor for this series of Yagi antennas.
Robert29229 wrote:
Glad that we clarified what we are talking about different antennas.

That does appear to be the case even though the part numbers and freq. are identical. As far as the pricing I'm not sure if you want to leave the prices in your original post since Altius is marking them up $15-$20 per antenna.

I do appreciate you willing to go the extra mile and send out free samples.

The links provided list these as vertical.
Do they have pre-drilled holes to mount Horizontal?

louis.arsenault wrote:
The links provided list these as vertical.
Do they have pre-drilled holes to mount Horizontal?

Yes, it does have horizontal pre-drilled hole.

I’ll do a little advertising here…

Thanks for the free sample Yagi antenna! I look forward to trying it out against the M2 17 (as soon as it stops snowing/raining).

It looks very sturdy - especially the mount - very heavy duty.

I’ll post results soon.

Thanks again.

Hi Robert, I just wanted to thank you for the free antenna. I received it just after I ordered a KP Performance 17db yagi, both showed up on the same day. I was undecided which one to try first until the KPP one I opened was missing hardware. Needless to say, it went in today and I did see at least 3db increase over our 14db yagis. I have taken a few pics and plan on sending them to you along with some feedback. Thanks again for a great antenna, I will be ordering more in the future!

Hi, Mr. Hussey:

We thank you for your positive feedback. We believe this great antenna still needs some improvement, as we always strive to be the best. To go beyond our customer’s expectation is what we always trying to do. We are still offering this free sample to other customers who may not have the chance to experience our great quality antennas. So far, many customers have tested our samples, and all give us thumb up. To be the best is always our goal, we will keep working to satisfy our customers.