Frequency reuse enabled, without doing frequency reuse?

Hello guys, 
I would like to know what happens if I enable "Frequency Reuse" if I'm not currently using Frequency Reuse?
I mean: is there any performance degradation if I enable Frequency Reuse "Front" or "Back" without having any other AP in the field?

I would like to know that because I want to setup one AP and without any service interruption I would like to use frequency reuse enabling another AP behind it, but in the future.

I don't know if it's clear what I want to do :-D

Thank you

Hi,

There is no performance impact due to enabling the “Frequency Reuse” field.

Thanks,
Sriram

1 Like

What changes in the radio behavior, between "no reuse", or "front/back"?

@Guilherme wrote:

LOL.  If you're asking specifically what changes from a technical standpoing, then I bet Cambium is going to say "a bunch of secret proprietary things change".   :)  I think Cambium has figured out the magic of GPS Sync and Frequency Reuse that others in this segment haven't figured out, so I don't expect that they want to divulge too many inside technology secrets. :))

@Guilherme wrote:

When back to back frequency reuse is not being utilized, setting to 'no reuse' or 'front/back' has no impact.

2 Likes

I wonder why it's an option then.  Not doubting that it has no effect on the radio's performance but seems odd to have the option to turn it off/on if that is true. 

1 Like