We used cnMaestro on-site briefly a year or two ago and found it less than useful given its limitations and lack of some seemingly basic required features (such as actually being able to alert you to alerts...).
We are at point in our business where we need to decide how we are going move forward with auth, accounting and whatnot. So some questions.
(1) cnMaestro seems to be a pretty low effort / priority project at Cambium with things being promised "next quarter" and then taking years to actually happen. Is there any kind of roadmap for this product and even if there is, what does everyone feel the likelihood is that the roadmap would be meaningful ? How good has Cambium been at producing vs promising on this project ?
(2) Has Cambium said when they expect cnMaestro to be a released product instead of a beta or alpha or whatever it is now ? Assuming they have given a target date what is the likelihood they will be even close ?
(3) I see they finally got email alerts working... not very reassuring that it took years to add such a basic function.
(4) Another big downside for us was that the on site version could only keep 1 week of historical data (usage) this made it useless to us.
(5) Even if just a week of data had been useful there appeared to be no way to sort , or otherwise use the data. For example if I wanted to see the top 10 or 20 or 100 downloaders, there was no way to do that. Or maybe I wanted to see the radios sorted by how many times they dropped connection or lowest RSSI to highest.. nothing was possible. So any plans to increase the period of time data is collected for, maybe even add archiving of said data ?
(5.a) Manipulating the data collected an option on the road map ?
(6) Backing up / storing configs of the radios and devices monitored ?
(7) Monitoring non-Cambium devices ? Possibly allowing user created pluggins for other devices / data collection / etc.. ?
(8) Cambium said somewhere along the line that they plan to charge for the on-site version when it is released. Has there been any kind of info on exactly how they plan do this ( Monthly fees based on number of customers or flat up front price and extra for support ? )