Ever since upgrading the switch that several of my Cambium radios plug into, from a C2960 to a more modern C2960CX (full gigabit and POE), the only radio that won't cooperate is the AP430. This radio only supports 10/100 half or full. It tries to come up on the port (where it flashes orange for a bit, then goes green for maybe 5 seconds, then repeats over and over again). Here are some things I have tried:
- I have upgraded to the latest firmware
- I have tried other ports on the switch
- I have ensured the switch and port config are exactly the same, which they are (after all, I just wanted to replace an older piece of hardware).
- I have tried setting 100 half and full duplex on both sides with no change - still won't come up. I have tried auto/auto.
- I am not sending POE (power) on the port. I have disabled this using the inline power command on Cisco.
The old switch works fine. In fact, my workaround is to have the AP430 plugged into the old C2960 and then run a cable from the 2960 to the 2960CX. It's the only way.
I am suspecting that the IOS of this new CX model introduces some functionality on the port that the radio does not like, as it is an old model. But what? Also, this is a gigabit model, and gigabit has more involved in the link negotiation. Again, I have tried forcing the speed and duplex and no luck.
Please let me know if you have any suggestions .