Getting frequent session drops

Hello,

I have a small test environment set up in my office where there is a camera connected to an ePMP Force 200 which is linked wirelessly with another ePMP Force 200 in another room that is connected to my camera network. 

Everything works flawlessly except for when my Subscriber module seems to crash and come back after a minute. Ive had this running for four hours today and so far I can see it has dropped the session 7 times.

Nothing is coming up in the system log for why it is dropping the session so frequently

What firmware revision are you running on both sides?

My Subscriber Module and Access Point are both running U-Boot 9342_PX1.1.4.a (Jun 23 2015 - 21:37:03)

That's pretty old. Please either upgrade to the newest stable release which is 2.6.2, or try out the newest beta, 3.0-RC27. If I were you I'd try 3.0-RC27.

I am getting an error when I try to instlal the latest firmware. Do I need to make the jump to something else before I can get upgrade to 2.6.2?

Yeah, what version are you running? You might need to step to 2.5 first. You should be able to find that version in the archives.

I figured it out, I needed to get to 2.6 before I could get to anything above 2.6.

i get a message saying it was successful and now I get a "Warning: Please ensure that power to the device is not interrupted during a software upgrade" message.

Im assuming its still upgrading

Alright, Ive upgraded to 2.6.2

Im going to see if this fixed the session drop issues

Once the flash is complete you will need to reboot the radio for it to actually load the new firmware.  The notification icon at the top of the screen will turn orange (I think) to show you the flash is complete.

I have installed the new firmware and rebooted both devices. They've been running all night. 

When I came in this morning to check on them I saw that there were two session drops. 

Is there anything else I might want to look into? These devices are not that far from each other.

Hi,

I would be really appreciate it if you could specify whether that is session drops produced by device reboot or that is just wireless session drops.

Wireless session drops can be caused by external reasons such as momentary high interference level for example.

Also please attach System log from device. Disconnect reason should be saved in System log.

And check please whether crashlog was saved on your device, please use

debug crashlog

command in CLI.

Thank you.

@Jhippleheuser wrote:

I have installed the new firmware and rebooted both devices. They've been running all night. 

When I came in this morning to check on them I saw that there were two session drops. 

Is there anything else I might want to look into? These devices are not that far from each other.

A few questions, are these running in ePTP or TDD-PTP mode? If you've been having session drops with one, or the other, try the other and see if it still drops. Second, what is the radio uptime on both sides, is there anything to indicate that either radio has rebooted? ALSO, what is the signal level/SnR between the two radios? I'm concerned that if you have them right next to each other, and they're at full TX power, they may be 'screaming' at each other and need to turn the power down.