good connection, dropping after 15-20 minutes.

I have a customer whos radio is losing connection about every 15-20 minutes. 900MHZ, P10 radio, 9.3 software.

Here is the link info:

Software Version : CANOPY 9.3
Software Boot Version : CANOPYBOOT 1.0
FPGA Version : 061808 (DES, Sched, US/ETSIv1.3.1) P10
Session Timeout: 0, AirDelay 241 (approximately 6.71 miles (35427 feet))
Session Count: 57, Reg Count 29, Re-Reg Count 28, Session Uptime 00:17:02
Jitter (Avg/Last): 2/1 Power Level (Avg/Last): -71/-71
Sustained Uplink Data Rate (SM): 128 (kbit)
Uplink Burst Allocation (SM): 500000 (kbit)
Sustained Downlink Data Rate (SM): 128 (kbit)
Downlink Burst Allocation (SM): 500000 (kbit)
Low Priority Uplink CIR (SM): 20000 (kbps) Low Priority Downlink CIR (SM): 20000 (kbps)
Rate : VC 47 Rate 1X/1X

I have replaced only the power supply thus far. This is in open farm land, so theres nothing causing interference, as far as I can tell. Using Maxrad panel antenna. Getting 100% both ways on the link test.

This SM is connecting to a P9 AP, also with 9.3 on it. Has about 35 other SMs connected to it. Nobody else having issues.

Any suggestions? I’ll probably replace the SM today just to see what happens (and its easy)

Is this on or near a steel building?

Is there a 900MHz cordless or other 900MHz camera, monitor, tractor control, etc?

No, no metal roofs on this one :). Gear is mounted on a util pole beside the house.

No other 900 devices near by.

Look at the stats pages and see if there are RF errors or Ethernet errors.

I’ve never been a fan of those maxrad antennas.

These counters are moving:

In sync 29
Out of sync 28
Transmit Control Count 30
Receive control count 28

I’m not getting any kind of Ethernet errors, or RF errors.

Could be a paging site turning on every few minutes when a page goes through.

Try upgrading to the newest firmware and see if that helps at all.

Hes already running 9.3 . I doubt 9.3.4 or whatever it is now will make it better.

OK. I changed out the radio today. Worked great while I was there, of course. A call was waiting when I got back to the office. Same thing.

Only things left to switch are the Maxrad antenna and the CAT5 cable.

Really been fun so far.

I bet your Electric Company uses 900 mhz to read meters… if this is true you will see a very even pattern of disconnects. we were having that issue here and it took us a while to find the problem.

while your driving around one days look for boxes along the phone poles with a little antenna sticking out.

whats the solution to the utility problem

thatoneguysteve wrote:
whats the solution to the utility problem

Right now? Find another frequency to use.

get rid of the max rad, we didn’t have much luck with those, we got rid of every single one of them, use a M2… 11db or 14db ant, they make a 17db also for those hard to reach places :slight_smile:

the_NAT wrote:
get rid of the max rad, we didn't have much luck with those, we got rid of every single one of them, use a M2.... 11db or 14db ant, they make a 17db also for those hard to reach places :)

Seriously. Even a mars panel or a stinger are better. I wouldn't trust those maxrad's as far as i could throw them.

have you done a remote spectrum analysis? are the “Wrong Frequency Beacons” incrementing?

Well, when I first started on this adventure the Maxrad’s were what came with my starter package. I didn’t really know at the time they were so bad…

I will try to change out the antenna in the next few days.

I cannot access the SM right now - it has lost connection again.

Recommended antennas:

M2 Wireless - http://www.m2inc.com/main%20html/ispstart2.html
11, 13, 17dB Yagi

MTI 12dB Panel antenna

Last Mile Gear - http://www.lastmilegear.com/product.php … 2=Antennas
17dB Yagi

Agree with Jerry.

I’ve been using M2 14s quite a while. Very satisfied. Also, the wireless beehive Stinger is my base level antenna (currently). Maxrad panels - throw in the corner…