GPS dead, new solution at bat?

Replace the cable, just swag a temporary cable to it. Also, try another antenna.

If that does not solve it, I would guess a bad GPS card, or a bad CMM.

If it’s really 2-3 months, call mot and see if they have any refurbs, or b-stock. Also, try Streakwave Wireless - they are stocking Canopy these days.

Jerry

Jerry Richardson wrote:
Replace the cable, just swag a temporary cable to it. Also, try another antenna.

What cable? Antenna->GPS or GPS->CMM? Or both? As I can see, GPS is sitting right on the CMM's board. If you mean cables fro GPS to APs, then I can say that all the APs suffer the same sync loss at the same time. Syns restores immediately after the system's restart through power reset. So I would think it's the GPS module itself is working bad. We tried to replace it by the one shipped by Motorola (from our local vendor's words), but the replacement didn't work -- it showed all the sats, cables OK and no sync within one hour of operation.

either gps antenna or gps antenna cable.

could be the gps antenna cable from the board to the cabinet, but i’m guessing the cable from the cmm cabinet to the gps antenna or the antenna itself.