GPS firmware upgrade

I have several epmp 1000 gps radios which I've been upgrading to ePMP-GPS_Synced-v2.6-RC13.tar . The firmware upgrade goest  through just fine, however I keep on get a warning about GPS version.  Is there any other GPS version to be loaded on the radios? Am I missing something?

Why use  2.6 rc 13? Have you tried using the release version of 2.6? or you could even try 2.6.1 rc 10.....

@Kdrama wrote:

I have several epmp 1000 gps radios which I've been upgrading to ePMP-GPS_Synced-v2.6-RC13.tar . The firmware upgrade goest  through just fine, however I keep on get a warning about GPS version.  Is there any other GPS version to be loaded on the radios? Am I missing something?

Hi, 

The GPS firmware currently on there is AXN_1.51_2801. You will need upgrade that to AXN_1.51_2838. A regular firmware upgrade will not upgrade the GPS chip firmware. You have to use the same file (for example: ePMP-GPS_Synced-v2.6.tar.gz) in the "GPS Firmware" upgrade section, not the "Main Software" upgrade section to upgrade the GPS chip. The GPS firmware AXN_1.51_2838 is embedded inside the ePMP-GPS_Synced-v2.6.tar.gz package. This is a one time upgrade and you will not have to do it again no matter how many times you upgrade the Main Software. 

Also, it is recommended that you upgrade to the latest Software Release 2.6 instead of running beta 2.6-RC13 on the radio. 

Thanks,

Sriram

Where do I find that GPS firmware?

You should use Main Firmware tar.gz file but upload it in GPS Firmware section.

3 Likes

Like Fedor said, it is embedded within the tar.gz file you typically download from the support web-site. For example: ePMP-GPS_Synced-v2.6.tar.gz

But use the GPS Firmware upgrade section instead of the Main Software upgrade section. 

Thanks,

Sriram

I extracted the files tried all of the gps files and get an error saying that there is a error on the file. I attached the content of my files, which one is it?

You never extract the ePMP firmware. Just simply use the file for the GPS update.

1 Like

Yes, please do not extract any of the files. Use the ePMP-GPS_Synced-v2.6.tar.gz file as-is. 

Got it, thanks for your help 

@Kdrama wrote:

2 Likes

The GPS upgrade on ePMP-1000 AP is available from local PC, see the screenshot ePMP1000AP_GPSupgrade_local.gif. From the cnMaestro it seems there is no such possibility, see ePMP1000AP_GPSupgrade_na@cnMaestro.gif. Am I right?

Ola nao consigo atualizar meu epmp cambium gps 1000 vc pode me falar oque ta avendo me da umas dicas]