GPS Rollover 2019, complaint?

Just wanted to get cambium confirmation that the CMM4/CMM5/PMP450/450i/450m etc are all going to rollover on the 6th correctly.

https://www.gps-repeaters.com/blog/gps-week-number-rollover-april-6th-2019/

Hey CSup,

I can’t say definitively that there won’t be any issues, but I’m reasonably certain our equipment should not be affected by this issue, based on the way we use GPS for sync.

Our devices don’t really care about the timestamp info, other than for display purposes, and simply rely on the 1PPS “tick” to synchronize. There’s an off chance you might see invalid time/date info in the GPS tab if the sync devices you’re using are older than 10-15 years, but I don’t know that for certain.

I’ll check with our hardware guys to see if they anticipate any issues.

-Al

That's about what i thought, just want to confirm though that their wont be any actual GPS synchronization side issues.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure you’re safe on that front, but I shot an email over to our hardware guy to confirm. I guess if I don’t hear back by tomorrow, we’ll find out the hard way :smiley:

Got confirmation that everything should be fine, but you all probably already noticed it was :smiley:

1 Like