Grouping sm for configuratio

Hi!

i’m wondering if there is any way to assign SM to groups, in order to apply configuration changes to a group and not to single SM. or anything similar but equivalent.

thanks!

Hi ,

Currently there is no grouping of SMs feature in cnMaestro. For updating multiple SMs currently following things can be followed

1. Select an AP and try to update all the SMs under that AP if you need to update SMs from same sector. All the SMs can be selected using the Select All SMs option from the Multiple selection drop down in the software update page.

2. Select an Tower and try to select only SMs across multiple APs if you want update SMs across different sectors in a tower . All the SMs can be selected using the Select All SMs option from the Multiple selection drop down in the software update page.

3. Select a Network and try to select only SMs across multiple APs if you want update SMs across different sectors in a network. All the SMs can be selected using the Select All SMs option from the Multiple selection drop down in the software update page.

But this might not solve if you want to select SMs randomly across sectors and then update unless there is logical grouping based on certain parameters.

So please let us know the proper use case scenario you are looking for grouping the SMs.

Thanks,
KR.

Thank for your reply!

I have to apply some configuration change based on SM’s class: let’s say I have three internet plans that use different Qos settings on the SM. In case I want to modify those Qos settings for a single plan, I’ve to browse through all SMs, and individually select those SMs belonging to user that have this particular plan. If I can group SMs, I’ll group them by internet plan applied, and then in case of change I can select Plan2 group of SMs, and apply configuration change.

I hope that’s a good example.

thanks!

Hi ,

Thanks for providing the use case information and it explains clearly the requirement. I will raise a feature request for the same so that it will be considered for implementation in future releases.

This is currently available for Wifi Devices in the form of AP Groups but for backhaul SMs we need to come up with a feature.

Thanks,
KR.

I join in the needs of this implementation, it would greatly facilitate the operation of the network and the needs for the cnMaestro