Hardware mode for backhauls

Sorry to be the brain-dead one here, but how to find out what version boards are in your BH’s?

Telnet to the unit and type

version

it will tell you the board type.

Also you can get it from the sessions tab in the AP using 7.3.6 (and maybe 7.2.9)

FYI… I went back to 7.3.6 on all collocated bh’s seperated the freq. rebooted everything at the same time. So far no trouble with timming.
This is my 20 mile link

Stats for LUID: 2 Test Duration: 2 Pkt Length: 1522
Downlink RATE: 11265536 bps
Uplink RATE: 4139776 bps
Downlink Efficiency: 100 Percent
Max Downlink Index: 100
Actual Downlink Index: 100
Expected Frag Count: 44006
Actual Frag Count: 44006
Uplink Efficiency: 100 Percent
Max Uplink Index: 100
Actual Uplink Index: 100
Expected Frag Count: 16171
Actual Frag Count: 16171

Great…thanks Jerry

I need your help… I have only P7 & P8’s BH’s, when I went to 7.2.9 I started having problems with them not registering. The question is??? Is there a way I can go back to 7.1.4 where everything was working fine. If I can not do a roll-back are there any other ideas that you may have used to fix that problem.
thanks

John

Yes, you can go back to 7.1.4 with the cnut updater, Jerry can explain this much better than I, He is what I like to call a Sharp Cookie

Rolling back is a matter of loading the appropriate package in CNUT and doing the update. Do a single SM close to you in case something goes wrong. then do a few SM’s at a time rather than all of them at once.

Are your AP’s Advantage? If they are, you should switch everything to HW scheduling. Everything should be 7.2.9 or better still, 7.3.6

If the AP’s are not Advantage, you should roll back to 7.1.4 as (I suspect) 7.2.9 and 7.3.6 are optimized for HW scheduling.

After we upgraded our AP’s to Advantage, all of our SM’s were still in SW mode and the links were horrible (worse than with Non-Advantage AP’s). Once we switched it all to HW everything has been great.

Thanks Jerry!!! I am only rolling back my BH’s All the rest of my SM’s and AP’s are at 7.2.9 and my 900 are all on HWS, the problem was with the BH’s because all I have are P7 & P8 boards and had a small problem with them registering. I will try a couple and test them before I go out and change the others.
Thanks

John