Help me with this brain fart - downlink % puzzle

Hello Fellas,

So, I’ve been racking my brain on what I’m sure is incredibly simple. Either my lack of sleep has caught up with me, or I simply cannot think far enough ahead to solve this (exactly the reason I am only mediocre at Chess), because my results have been awful (bad pings, worse bandwidth tests, etc)

MISSION: reach destination AP cluster with a customer obtainable 5MB down 2MB up using 3 BH10 links

I have three hops:

1 - 5.2BH slave to B5.2BH master --> CMM2
2 - 5.7BH master to 5.7BH slave --> pigtails next link
3 - 5.2BH master to 5.2BHslave

what do I configure the masters as to flow through my desired download rates to the customers 20 miles away. Currently everything is at 50%, and multiple 9sec link tests on each link show balanced rates at 100/100 all the way through. Current max download I can get at destination is about 3-3.5Mbit

Cheers!

are this bh10’s or 20’s?

actually, the first link is a bh20, 2nd and 3rd are bh 10. But in any case, I am looking to have more down that up at destination.

YappaDappa wrote:
Hello Fellas,

MISSION: reach destination AP cluster with a customer obtainable 5MB down 2MB up using 3 BH10 links

I have three hops:

1 - 5.2BH slave to B5.2BH master --> CMM2
2 - 5.7BH master to 5.7BH slave --> pigtails next link
3 - 5.2BH master to 5.2BHslave

Set the first link to 25%. The remaining to 75%.

Assuming it's like this:

52BHS-52BHM=5.7BHM-5.7BHS=5.2BHM-5.2BHS.

Personally I'd reverse the direction of the first link, then set everything to 75%.

-forrest

Hey, thanks!

forrestc, why would you reverse the first BH?

It was my understanding that it is best to have all BH Masters come off the CMM cluster, which resides at tower I am shooting to. Any probs/benefits with reversing the roles?

Easiest way to remember this is: Downlink is FROM the master TO the slave.

I agree with 25%, 75%, 75%

My preference is to have masters attached to CMMs.

thanks Fellas!

I’ll set it tonight and see how it goes.

Cheers!

Ron

these were the correct settings, although bandwidth test show more consistant 4.2mb down and 1.5 up, but hey, it’s better. As always, I appreciate it.

Cheers!

Ron