Help with 2.4 ghz

I have a few questions on elevating. 

1. If I have access to the radio can I just login to the ubnt interface and update the firmware with the elevate 3.4.1 bin without using the elevator software and then log back into the  sm and config it to the new epmp ap settings? Will it retain the already configure ip address of the ubnt radio? 

2. I am not sure I have the steps correct on how to elevate over the air. If i put up my new epmp ap and config it to wifi and allow the sm to connect to the new epmp ap. Then run elevator tool on the sm's with new config. Then change the new epmp ap to the setting I used in elevator tool will the sm then connect to the new ap? The documenation gives direction for have both aps up at once but I can do that so I either have to manually visit each site and elevate them or am I hoping the above option would work for me. 

Thoughts and suggestions. I have 16 clients on the one ap that I want to elevate. 

@pgator17 wrote:

I have a few questions on elevating. 

1. If I have access to the radio can I just login to the ubnt interface and update the firmware with the elevate 3.4.1 bin without using the elevator software and then log back into the  sm and config it to the new epmp ap settings? Will it retain the already configure ip address of the ubnt radio? 

2. I am not sure I have the steps correct on how to elevate over the air. If i put up my new epmp ap and config it to wifi and allow the sm to connect to the new epmp ap. Then run elevator tool on the sm's with new config. Then change the new epmp ap to the setting I used in elevator tool will the sm then connect to the new ap? The documenation gives direction for have both aps up at once but I can do that so I either have to manually visit each site and elevate them or am I hoping the above option would work for me. 

Thoughts and suggestions. I have 16 clients on the one ap that I want to elevate. 

Hi,

1. Yes, you can just log in to UBNT interface and upgrade it with Elevate 3.4.1 FW in .bin format.

IP address configured on UBNT will be retained after Elevating.

2. You can try described scenario. But it is a bit risky. You may have to visit sites in case something will go wrong.

Please check UBNT SMs configuration before AP replacement to make sure they are connecting to ePMP AP in Standard Wi-Fi mode.

Thank you.

2 Likes