HIPPA Compliance

Is anyone aware of Canopy’s HIPPA compliance rating? HIPPA being a health care standard.

The use of AES encryption makes the units FIPS140-2 compliant, which will satisfy the needs of HIPPA compliance. If you have concerns about this being insufficient, then I suggest the use of routers immediately behind the Canopy units, and using those routers to perform AES256 encryption across the link.

ccie4526 wrote:
The use of AES encryption makes the units FIPS140-2 compliant, which will satisfy the needs of HIPPA compliance. If you have concerns about this being insufficient, then I suggest the use of routers immediately behind the Canopy units, and using those routers to perform AES256 encryption across the link.

When you refer to 'canopy units' do you mean AP's or SM's or both. Also, is the use of routers mandatory to meet HIPPA standards or are they just a precautionary measure?
ccie4526 wrote:

Canopy is not FIPS 140-2 compliant at this time.

Canopy's AES implementation is FIPS 197 compliant. This link is the press release about it from June 0f 2004, http://motorola.canopywireless.com/press/060204b.php