Hotspot problems with Cnmaestro

Greetings
We have a problem implementing one of the WiFi networks. It is a WiFi4EU network.
So far, following the same procedure as this network, we have successfully implemented several EiFi4EU networks and all of them work without problems. Now, however, the network does not want to work properly. The problem is that if we establish hotspot access, we get an ERR_connection_timed_out connection error when logging in.
We tried cnMaestro on premisies and the problem remains the same. We also checked the operation with the already installed templates of the Guest accesses portal and the error remains the same. Can you please check what the problem is.
We use a public cnMaestro controller.
Without the cnMaestro hotspot portal (ie if the network is open or with WPA2 encryption), users can easily connect to the network and have their services work. Which in the end indicates a problem with cnMaestro hotspot creating or configuring it.
Please help or point in the right direction.

Hi Gregor,

1. Could you please invite raja.muniyandy@cambiumnetworks.com as a super admin?
  2. Could you please share the cnMaestro on premisies version?

Thanks
Raja M

Hello

1. Raja is invited to the troubling cnmMaestro instance witch is running on cambium cloud servers
  2. version of cnMaestro in premisies is 3.0.0-r34

best regards
Gregor O

Hi Gregor,

I believe you are using “WiFi4EU-Straza_Obcina” AP group.Guest access portal configuration looks fine, network configuration on this AP group( WiFi4EU-Straza_Obcina) seems to have some mis configuration.

1. We have enabled NAT for VLAN 2, hence we don’t need to configure domain and DNS in the pool configuration. I just have removed Domain and DNS configuration in pool, it works for me. Could you please try once?

2. If you are configuring domain and DNS under pool, please make sure that DNS is proper and is able to resolve URL which is used for redirection.

Thanks
Raja M

Hi Raja,
I tried with the AP that I have on spare ( HOME-XV2). The same AP Group that you used and the WLAN that you created and no luck, see the picture below.

The same effect that you describe was with me. From the start everything worked but then it stooped and now even new simplest hotspot portal does not work.

Hi Gregor,

Can you please push “WiFi4EU-Straza_Obcina" group configuration itself and try?

Thanks
Raja M