How can i use our ISP ip in my SM.. ?

this is the question,

our ISp give us 1 ip… but how can i use that… ?

like 203.177.105.2

the IP of my canopy SM is 169.254.1.2

It depends on if you are connecting one PC or more PC’s (or LAN) to the Canopy. What do you intend to do?

marwill wrote:
It depends on if you are connecting one PC or more PC's (or LAN) to the Canopy. What do you intend to do?

i have my 1 PC..

our ISp give us 1 ip.. but how can i use that.. ?

please guide me. where can i config.. do i have to config my SM canopy or it is on my PC problem.

thanks
ircboy wrote:
[quote="marwill":pqw1y9u2]It depends on if you are connecting one PC or more PC's (or LAN) to the Canopy. What do you intend to do?

i have my 1 PC..

our ISp give us 1 ip.. but how can i use that.. ?

please guide me. where can i config.. do i have to config my SM canopy or it is on my PC problem.

thanks[/quote:pqw1y9u2]

You should config your PC with this address

You also can use NAT feature of SM. In this case you should configure NAT and use this address with SM.

ircboy,
For clarification, are you a Canopy end user or are you a Canopy provider? If you are a provider and you are referring to your upstream provider then we would answer this in a completely different way than if you are an end user. Please clarify.

to Canopy_support:

sir, actually, WE ARE ISP… and we are using CANOPY PRODUCTS> it is our first time to usE Canopy SM, AP, and the CMM

first, our problem is about the static IP… the GLOBE, which is our internet provider give us 50 IPs to supply to our client…

how can we use that 50 ips…??

for example, our 1 client want to use 203.104.155.4 then where should i put that IP ?

If you want your customers to use the 50 static/public IP addresses assigned to you by your upline provider, do the following:

Assign 1 public address to the Ethernet LAN port on your primary router. This address becomes the Default Gateway address for your customers. The router’s WAN port will be given an address in a different range, but your provider will also specify this address.

Assign a public address to each customer. This address will be configured in either a single PC or in a router at their location. If a router, the address is assigned to the router’s WAN port. The customer’s internal LAN network must be assigned a completely different IP network, likely using “private” addresses. NAT (network address translation) does the conversion between public and private addresses. Cheap SOHO routers do NAT by default.

I posted a brief tutorial on IP addressing in another discussion thread. Look for “Newbie Questions”; the last post was on Apr 15, 2005.

Do not assign any of the public addresses to the Canopy units; doing this may cause the Canopys’ web interfaces to stop working at times. This is a known issue with Canopy. Motorola’s suggestion to avoid the problem is to simply not assign public addresses to the Canopy units. There are other discussion threads on this forum where you can read about the problem; look for “Web Interface/Login Problem”; the last post was on Fri Apr 1, 2005. Use a separate IP address structure (network) for accessing the Canopy units.

I suspect you have either more than 50 addresses available, or fewer. Due to the nature of IP addressing, addresses that belong to the same network come in blocks of 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, etc. Powers of 2. The first and last address can’t be used, so you end up with 2, 6, 14, 30, 62, 126, etc. usable. One of these addresses is assigned to the network’s gateway (router), so you can only connect up to one less PC or customer. You likely have enough addresses for either 29 or 61 customers, but you’ll want to reserve a few for your use. Actually, 50 sounds like a good number.

Have fun!

This dude just needs to do some READING!!

ircboy, it would be very beneficial for you to take the Canopy equipment (and all equipment) out of the picture for a while and design yourself an IP network that can handle what you are planning on doing.

Its like trying to erect a building without any blueprints…