How is configuration one SM for four AP.When use pmp 450i product?

Hi Everyone!

Anyone have document or picture about configuration one SM for four AP.When use pmp 450i product!Please share me

Thanks Everyone! Have nice a day

Hello there! Could you please give us more detail as to what you're trying to do? I do not understand what you're trying to accomplish. Thanks!

1 Like

I have wireless link for oil&gas use pmp 450i.My customer's need connect between drilling rig and ship at the offshore

You can see describe below

- Drilling rig: use 1 SM conectorized.The drilling rig is'nt move

- Ship:use 4 AP intergrated because the ship is rotatory 360 degree so need 4 AP to be made 360 coverage

@Tran Xuan Man wrote:

I have wireless link for oil&gas use pmp 450i.My customer's need connect between drilling rig and ship at the offshore

- Ship:use 4 AP intergrated because the ship is rotatory 360 degree so need 4 AP to be made 360 coverage

Hi Tran,

That's an interesting use case! Have you tried something like this yet with our equipment or is this your first attemp? I'm curious how well the link works with a moving ship.

Technically if you configure all 4 APs with the same frequency and color code, and configure the SM to use the same frequency and color code as well, it should automatically search for an find each AP as needed.  The transitions won't be seamless, as the SM would lose session when an AP rotated out of sight and re-register to the next visible AP, so that's something to keep in mind.

-Al

@Tran Xuan Man wrote:

You could also try using an omni antenna connected to 1 AP on the boat... the benefit being no packet loss while the boat is roatating, the downside being lower gain and possibly more noise at the AP.

1 Like