some of our SMs are requesting calibration and i don’t how to calibrate them. can some help me please because i have a lot that i will love to do
These are probably old SMs? Email or call Canopy Tech Spt and they can either give you the slicing values for your units or refer you to a web site that will. You will need to have the MAC addresses for your units.
Had this same problem, Tech support told me it was caused by upgrading from version 7.x directly to 22.214.171.124 without upgrading to 126.96.36.199 first.
I have a hard time believing this since it is only a hand full after hundreds and hundreds of upgrades.
Will see if I can find the website to check the original calibration levels.
Exact details as I just emailed to my support staff:
On the radios that have the RSSI in Red and say that the time slicing is not set, follow these procedures:
1. Downgrade the firmware to 7.3.6 on the radio.
2. Goto OLD URL and fill out the form, pay special attention to the formatting of the MAC address.
3. Open the email sent to you from Motorola and goto http://radioipaddress/mac.html.
4. Enter values emailed to you, then click the button to save settings to Flash.
6. Upgrade Firmware to 188.8.131.52 and then to 184.108.40.206.
7. All Done!
We just received the new SM:
Software Version CANOPY 7.3.6 Oct 24 2005 12:06:56 SM-DES
Software Boot Version CANOPYBOOT 3.0
FPGA Version 070605 (Single, 40MHz ExtBus, DES, Sched )
RSSI 1632 Slicing Value not calibrated
Radio Power Level RSSI, Slicing Value, and Power Level not calibrated.
Power Level not available.
Quite strange, because this is not 8.1.5 Firmware
thanks for your response to this topic. i will try to test this probably in a weeks time. thanks once again