How to config correct Port Forwarding and setup Router?

Hello! I'm new.

First, I'd like to have a tip. Here I have a ePMP 1000 SM, NAT Mode, TDD Driver.

ePMP setup: on attachment. (should I change  something?)

I have a TP-Link Router, model TL-WR740N. This router has its own WAN port, so I guess I should plug there the ethernet cable coming from PoE. When I have to setup it, it asks me which mode should I put on (like PPPoE, Dynamic IP, Static IP). I guess the decision is between Dynamic and Static. Which one do you suggest, and how to correctly configure it?

Second, how do you correctly Port Forward? When I tried, I both port forwarded on ePMP and Router( for testing, on PC IP) but when I used some online check ports sites, the ports always show CLOSED. Maybe I bad configured router and/or port forwarding.

Can you help me? It would be appreciated! Thanks for your patience.

@Froggy wrote:

Hello! I'm new.

First, I'd like to have a tip. Here I have a ePMP 1000 SM, NAT Mode, TDD Driver.

ePMP setup: on attachment. (should I change  something?)

I have a TP-Link Router, model TL-WR740N. This router has its own WAN port, so I guess I should plug there the ethernet cable coming from PoE. When I have to setup it, it asks me which mode should I put on (like PPPoE, Dynamic IP, Static IP). I guess the decision is between Dynamic and Static. Which one do you suggest, and how to correctly configure it?

Second, how do you correctly Port Forward? When I tried, I both port forwarded on ePMP and Router( for testing, on PC IP) but when I used some online check ports sites, the ports always show CLOSED. Maybe I bad configured router and/or port forwarding.

Can you help me? It would be appreciated! Thanks for your patience.

Hi,

Which mode to use PPPoE/Dynamic IP/Static IP depends on network topology and infrastructure you are using or you want to have.

Regarding port forwarding please find link to the Knowledge Base topic below which may help you:

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-Networking/Port-Forwarding-and-Port-Mapping-Configuration/m-p/63801#M24

Feel free to ask any further questions.

Thnak you.

1 Like